Help installing Dawn of War

XboxMaster

CAGiversary!
I just bought Dawn of War today and I can't seem to install it properly. After thought I installed it with the 3 CD's I tried the shortcut on my desktop. A message popped up saying that the game was changing my video settings. Then the last error box was titled: "System Initialization Failed!", and it read, "Spooge driver not found. Verify that DirectX is installed properly." Can anyone help me with this?

Spooge driver? :rofl: x10

Well, IS DirectX installed properly? Try Start>Run>dxdiag and post what DirectX u have (should be 9.0c).

Yeah, I'm running DirectX 9.0c. It looks like I could possibly fix the problem on this diagnostics thing.

Alright, it seems I've found a problem on the "Display" page of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. Here are the notes about the problem:

The system is using the generic video driver. Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful.
Direct3D functionality not available. You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer.

Am I missing some kind of driver that supposedly came with my computer?

I'm sorry I can't help, but I seriously laughed hard at "Spooge driver". So here's a bump in hopes you get someone to help.

Check to make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card. Go to ati.com or nvidia.com to update.

Spooge drivers take care of shadowing in games or something.

Unfortunately, those won't help in the event that he doesn't have an nvidia or ATI card... which most likely isn't the case, fortunately, but I suppose that concern will be resolved if the OP can inform us what sort of video card or integrated video setup he has.

I (sadly) run some Intel integrated garbage from a few years back.

[quote name='irrossistable']If he's hoping to get God of War running on an integrated graphics chip, then the mystery has been solved.[/QUOTE]

I thought hes trying to install dawn of war not god of war. :)

bread's done
Back