Help: Item Not As Described as buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guerrilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I've been pretty lucky with my buys off eBay, until now. A week ago I bought a game that was listed as having a *MINT* disc, but today I found that it's nowhere near mint. The disc is covered in circular scratches (refinishing, I'm sure) and has an 1x1inch section covered with over twenty 1/16th inch scratches. It looks horrible. :roll: Mint my ass.

So, do I simply open up a dispute in Paypal? Is there anything I can do to help my case?

contact the seller first, SO MANY PEOPLE on ebay claim stuff to be mint when it is not, contact him and see what he intends to do about it, if nothing then contact ebay yada yada yada so on and so forth

Contact the seller first to see if they will rectify the situation. If not, open up a Paypal dispute. Don't bother contacting eBay...that will get you nowhere.

Don't forget to leave the negative (especially if the seller is unresponsive). Sellers who misrepresent their items should get appropriate feedback to warn other prospective buyers

So far the seller is being cool about it and told me to return it with delivery confirmation. Anything else I should do, like take pictures?

Thanks for the replies, and thanks in advance for any more!

Make sure you keep all communications that were done by email until the sitaution is resolved. If you have to open a dispute it's best to have that information in case it's needed.

Thanks to all (and the seller), as it was a smooth return. Only communicated through ebay, used Paypal shipping and just received my refund. Out two dollars for first class shipping, but eh, that's not bad at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back