Help land my friend a guest spot on Turner Classic Movies!!!

Tybee

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Hey CAGs. I'm writing because I need your support in helping a friend achieve something very, very cool. It won't cost you anything, and only requires a few minutes of your time.

See, Turner Classic Movies is currently running a contest to select an average joe or jane to spend an evening in November as guest programmer, hosting their pick of classic movies with Robert Osborne. As fate should have it, my friend and former coworker, Monica, was selected as one of the five finalists. At this stage, the winner is determined by viewer votes. So I’m trying to help muster as many as I can.

To help her out, click on the link to her entry video below and select five stars. You’ll need to log in with an AOL or AIM id, or can do a quick reg using an e-mail address. They’re calculating the winner by multiplying each entrant’s number of votes by their average rating. Because of how the votes are tabulated, please only rate Monica’s video (even a 1 star vote for the competition will help them). The voting concludes next week.

http://uncutvideo.aol.com/events/TCM-Guest-Programmer-Contest-_-Finalists/216835d441cc66c0838960b59cffff1f?index=3

Monica's entry is, in my only slightly biased opinion, the best of the bunch. Hers was the only one done in a single take and actually details what films she would program, which includes great stuff like Kurosawa’s “The Bad Sleep Well” and Michael Roemer’s “Nothing But a Man.” The other entrants fall prey to gimmicks, pleading, or poor film selection. Clearly, they must be destroyed. :cool:

Thanks so much for pitching in on this! I'll follow up with updates. If Monica wins, you can reasonably be expected to feel some sense of accomplishment for getting my friend on national TV for an evening. I might even be able to get her to work in a “giant enemy crabs” reference or something. ;)

[quote name='dopa345']Done. Best of luck for your friend![/quote]
Thanks! She's about 75 votes behind the leader at this point, so you guys could quite literally be the difference between winning and losing. How many elections can you say that about? ;)

Keep it up, folks.

If you vote, be sure to post in here. If she wins, I'll give away a little prize at random as a thank you for helping out.

[quote name='Gothic_Walrus']It looks like she's third right now, so she's got her work cut out for her.

I voted for her. Best of luck. :)[/quote]
Yeah, we're fairly certain the bimbo in the first spot has figured out a way to vote for herself repeatedly. The leader in average score has gone back and forth, but she's maintained a firm lead in number of votes right from the start, which is suspicious.

It's unfortunate, because she's very annoying and not someone I'd want to listen to on TCM for eight hours. :roll:

TCM just sent out notice that the competition will conclude at 11:59 p.m. EST tomorrow (Friday) night and the winner will be calculated based on the number of votes/average ratings at that point.

My friend's still about 65 votes behind. So if you haven't voted yet, please do. I would really appreciate it, as would she!

[quote name='golddbz2000']sorry, she aint a looker so no go for me.[/quote]
Your mom sure is, but then again, that was from behind and I had her bent over pretty far, so maybe I'm not the best judge.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']voted[/quote]

Thanks, man. The contest ended week before last and she lost (the guy, who was in distant last place most of the competition, stuffed the ballot box at the end), but I really do appreciate you guys helping out.

[quote name='Tybee']Your mom sure is, but then again, that was from behind and I had her bent over pretty far, so maybe I'm not the best judge.[/QUOTE] :rofl: :applause: :applause: :applause:

bread's done
Back