Help: Looking for deals on the Fallout 3 (PC) expansion packs

rcx4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hi guys,

I bought Fallout 3 (PC) awhile back, and I'm now starting to look for the expansion packs for the game. The best deals I can find is around $20 dollars for the different expansion packs:

Operation: Anchorage & The Pitt = $20
Broken Steel & Point Lookout = $20

And I just checked the upcoming BB Weekly add for 12/20. and they have Fallout3: GOTY for $30 dollars. Is buying the GOTY version the best way to go to get all the expansion packs, or is there another way that I don't know about.. Thanks in advance.

rcx4

If Fallout 3:GOTY is going to be $30 I'd pick that up, especially if you haven't even bought the full game. I bought 3 of the expansions online for $10 in microsoft spacebucks.

$50 (Fallout 3) + $50 (5 expansions) =...for $30 sounds good to me.

The cheapest I've seen the boxed expansions was at target on clearance and those seemed pretty rare. I feel like I saw only the 360 versions.

First off, thanks for the response.

Yes, I do have the full game already, so I was thinking about just giving the full game to a friend of mine, and just keeping all the expansions. Now I'm wondering if I need the full game that's packed in the GOTY to install the expansions, or would it even matter at all..

rcx4

yes the above choice sounds the best. you'll be saving money, too.

BTW if you give F3 to a friend, be ready to lose that friend long into the foreseeable future.

i'm pretty sure that the DLC isnt tied to the game it comes with. Unless the GOTY edition installs as one complete game.

[quote name='80473Y3']i'm pretty sure that the DLC isnt tied to the game it comes with. Unless the GOTY edition installs as one complete game.[/QUOTE]

I really hope that isn't the case.. but I'm sure I can work around it by moving my save files in a separate folder, and uninstalling the old/installing the new, or something like that..

[quote name='80473Y3']yes the above choice sounds the best. you'll be saving money, too.

BTW if you give F3 to a friend, be ready to lose that friend long into the foreseeable future.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he wouldn't mind spending 50+ hours with an awesome game heh

bread's done
Back