Help!! me and my friend can't play together online

Ashtaar

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
So my friend recently bought a PS3 and we've been trying to play together and we simply can't. Every time it ends up saying either the match is unavailable or the opponenet left [we tried Black Ops and Madden '11]
I thought it was the NAT settings but we're both Nat Type 2 so I don't know what's up.
Please help a brother out I'm desperate :(

So just an update
I decided that even though I was already NAT 2 I would try this to see if that would help and after a few hours [working with a freaking westell router for the first time] I finally get all the settings put in I then try to get online.... and I can't play online.... not mind you I'm on PSN but EA servers won't let me on....
So I tried KZ3 Beta and they wouldn't let me on either.
I changed all my settings to auto on the PS3 and hard wired it [ethernet] and I'm finally able to get online so I invite my friend and..... he's able to join.... I was overwhelmed finally victory was at hand.
So he wins the toss and chooses to kick I receive the ball start running and..... friend has left the game..... then he says he can't access EA servers.............. then he finally gets on and it's back to old times....... [your friend has left the game] Epic Fail......
So now I'm off to cry myself to sleep for wasting an entire night trying to play a game of madden

I assume you tried port forwarding and must be on DSL like I am, since I don't know of any other ISP that has Westell modems/routers.

Funny thing is, I was originally using a Westell modem with my DSL, but I was using a Linksys WRT54G router to split my high speed connection and people said that was the worst combination out there. But yet I was having the least amount of issues with that combo.

What Westell are you using? I'm using a combo modem/router(327W) and I'm using it wired with my PS3.

Did you consider that it might not actually be your connection but rather your friends connection?

Either way if you haven't tried port forwarding as of yet, Google it and follow the steps precisely.

I'm using a westall 7500 I believe [I'll check when I get home] I did try port forwarding but somehow ended up not being able to play online at all [lol] I was on PSN but but EA's servers wouldn't let me on
I think it might be my friends connection but the weird thing is that both me and him can play with our OTHER friend.
But thanks a lot for your help

[quote name='Ashtaar']I'm using a westall 7500 I believe [I'll check when I get home] I did try port forwarding but somehow ended up not being able to play online at all [lol] I was on PSN but but EA's servers wouldn't let me on
I think it might be my friends connection but the weird thing is that both me and him can play with our OTHER friend.
But thanks a lot for your help[/QUOTE]

I know exactly the problem. Had same issue before with someone. I couldn't play with a certain person it would give weird errors like you mentioned. I'll give you a example. A guy I played with got nat type 3. Everything on his router is blocked up tight,but If I have my router in dmz we could connect with no issues. Basically you or your friend or both hasn't got the router configured exactly right and it isn't completely open. That's why you can't connect to each other. I would recommend putting your PS3 in dmz mode with upnp turned off. If that doesn't work put it in dmz mode with upnp turned on. People always told me to use one or the other,but honestly both worked the best for me with my gay router.

bread's done
Back