Help me choose what games for what consoles...

jthiel

CAGiversary!
Hey guys/girls,

I have been a member for quite some time but have never talked on the forums.

I have PS3 and 360 and up until recently my PS3 was out of commission. Since I have my PS3 back I have been looking to get some games for it. Now i know console specific games are a must. I picked up Little Big Planet :GOTY edition for my girl friend and will definitely be picking up Gran turismo 5 as I have been a GT fan for a very long time.

My problem are the cross platform games. I have a lot of friends on Live so i mainly have been choosing most of my multiplayer games for 360. I love mainly action adventure/rpg, FPS, racing, and fighting games. So any suggestions out there for what console should I get what type of game for? Oh I am also a motion graphic designer so I am kinda a graphics snob, but not to the extent of losing gameplay.

Thanks for all of your help in advance!

Josh-

For PS3 exclusives I would also highly recommend Demon's Souls, infamous, uncharted, heavy rain, metal gear solid 4, and God of war.

Cross platform games better on one console or another (even slightly because of exclusives):
Better on PS3 - FFXIII, Batman AA (Joker maps), Mirror's Edge (Free time trial DLC map).
Better on 360 - Bayonetta (Much better graphics and load times) and Dragon Age Origins (less buggy, better frame rate, but graphics are slightly more blurry. None of these seem to be big issues, but 360 has a slightly better review score)

Last edited by a moderator:
Better on 360 - Bayonetta and Dragon Age Origins (just less buggy and better graphics)

I'll agree about Bayonetta, but DA: Origins had better graphics on the PS3. The game was buggy as all heck, but the PS3 had more detailed textures and backgrounds. That's not to say the game is better on the PS3, I'm just saying one of your criticisms is inaccurate.

Edited my post, I lumped DA:O's problems in with bayonetta's, and they are different. Not a huge difference, best on PC, but still leaving DA:O where it is in my opinion. Clarified the problems and differences between platforms, but really get whatever one you want, any differences sound very slight.

i still think the biggest bang for the buck is fallout 3 GOTY ed for the 360. i've heard that the ps3 version is a lot buggier.

for ps3 racing go with burnout paradise. i believe it was developed on ps3 and ported over to 360.

Yeah, my buddy has burnout Paradise and said its probably one of the best racing games for ps3.

thanks for the input so far

bread's done
Back