Help Me Decide: Borderlands or Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma

[quote name='jgiovanni']I ahve credit to BN.com,

What do you think I should get

Borderlands or Ninja Gaiden 2 Sigma

Thanks[/QUOTE]

If you have at least one friend who has Borderlands, definitely get it. Me and my two buddies played it for 4 1/2 hours straight last night.

If you don't, get it anyway.

I havent played Sigma 2, but I did play NG2 on 360 and even though Im a fan of the series, and from what Ive heard of Borderlands, Id have to say get that. Only because unless you already played and loved Sigma 1, you can get that much cheaper and it will be roughly the same experience. Sure it wont have all the weapons or enemies, but it plays basicly the same.
Although, another thing to consider is that they are both different types of games. If you want a ball smashingly difficult game, NG is the way to go only because NG has a way of feeling old school difficult while not making it impossible. Borderlands being a FPS is going to be a different experience completely.

add another vote to borderlands. I thought ng2 was inferior to ng1. but im not a big fan of either.

borderlands is very good. it has this quality that just mkes you want to keep playing, which is something most games lack IMO.

Ninja Gaiden 2 is one of my favorite games...but you should get borderlands. I haven't been able to sleep because of it. In the last 48 hours I've played about 20 hours of borderlands.

I'd say borderlands, its better then ninja gaiden because of the recent ninja gaiden screw ups in the game mechanics and unusually difficult game play.

Well, I am not here to stop the stream of Borderland recommendations, but I say that it all depends on what you are looking for.

I have had every single iteration of NG except NGS2. I must say however that Sigma was an excellent edition of the original. On top of that, NG2 was an extremely awesome game, and from what I have seen of Sigma 2, it is only better. That however is a badass single player experience for the most part in which the focus is on melee combat and extreme battles.

Borderlands is however an amazing game as well. Like others have said the main thing is to play this with friends. So unless you like playing with random people on the PSN or have multiple friends who will have the game, I instantly say get Sigma 2. However if you do fall in one of those earlier categories, i would say it all comes down to which type you are looking for. Borderlands is an excellent multiplayer adventure whereas Sigma 2 is mainly single player.

If I had to pick one, I personally would go with Borderlands because I have enough Ninja Gaiden in my collection right now. Something to note, that all of the next gen versions of Ninja Gaiden have all dropped in price quite drastically after release.

I hope that helps a little at least!

I have sigma 2. Its pretty awful. Impossible gameplay, and they toned the blood wayyyy down. To the point where the game could almost be rated T. Gone are the flying limbs and heads. :(

Borderslands, I put in about 20-25 hours in 2 fucken days, I NEVER do that, last time was probably Final Fantasy VII in 1997 when it was released. The quality is damn good in borderlands. Ninja Gaiden is once you played one, you played all of them, just with slight variations in gameplay. Borderlands is a fresh new game experience, that has a very long lasting appeal & Fun factor.

I beat the King Wee Wee monster quest last night, and he droped a Super Charged Wee Wee shield lol. Lots of refences to games/movies of the past, keep an out for those, it gives the game a special touch.

I'm debating on BL also. It's either this er save my g/c for spring 2010 games like GT5 er FFXIII so really just is it worth buying.

I seen the good reviews (and the mediocre ones). Seen the gameplay videos. Hear ppl say it's "good. Great. Must buy," but I need more than that.

I usually only play online with my cousin and I know he won't get this game. So, if imma be playing alone for the most part is this game still as fun? Some videos that showed a single person playing looked dull. Like minimal enemies (I know the more players the more enemies) at one time. Is there a lot of fighting downtime between missions? Are there single random enemies as you roam around er are there small groups here, gap, small group there, gap and so on and so forth? I'm worried it might get too repetative and without a great storyline I will be disinterested rather quickly. The riding in vehicles and the BAZILLIONS of guns don't add too much for me either.

Other than reviews and my own findings, everyone's feedback has been positive. Can someone give me a more in-depth experience, please? TIA.

I haven't played Borderlands, so I don't know about it. I have played Sigma 2 though and I say it's fantastic. I've spent so much time online with that game.

My buddy and I have spent the last 3 nights on the couch in front of borderlands, up till at LEAST 3am each night. Game is just plain fun. I vote Borderlands.

bread's done
Back