Help Me Evaluate this Offer

Lorik

CAGiversary!
So I'm trying to sell my Wii since my friend has one already and we're getting an apartment. This is what I have:

Wii Console
Component Cables
Extra Controller
Mario Galaxy
Brawl
Zelda: TP
Mario Strikers

I've been asking $425 for it, and then got an interesting offer from someone.

He offered a trade:
60GB PS3 w/ HDMI cable
2 Sixaxis Controllers
COD4
Heavenly Sword
Tekken 5 Online

Either way I was going to spend the money on something to boost my apartments home theatre (which has a HDTV, upconverting DVD player, Wii, and 360, but no 5.1 speakers). I could use a Blu Ray player, and am a HUGE metal gear fan so would definitely like to be able to play MGS4.

Since I don't usually trade I was just hoping some folks would give me input on the trade so I'll know if I'm making out, breaking even, or getting ripped off.

Thanks everyone!

You're making out, the 60gb PS3 is becoming something of a collector's item, presumably due to the full backward compatibility. Even without that, the machine is really beginning to come into it's own after a terrible year and a half run.

The only negatives are the outdated sixaxis controller and the two absolute classics you are giving up in Galaxy and TP. If you trust this person and are absolutely secure and confident that the trade will go through as presented, go for it. My crystal ball says you will be able to walk into a store and get a wii this summer. The 60GB ps3 won't be back again.

Tell me who is doing that deal? I would love to have the 60GB PS3 :)

The 60GB PS3 Bundle is worth more...but its dependant on whether you need it or not

The PS3 deal is worth much more than the Wii offering so I suggest you take it if you want a Ps3 because you aren't gonna get much of a better deal than that

[quote name='sonicdescent']You're making out, the 60gb PS3 is becoming something of a collector's item, presumably due to the full backward compatibility. Even without that, the machine is really beginning to come into it's own after a terrible year and a half run.

The only negatives are the outdated sixaxis controller and the two absolute classics you are giving up in Galaxy and TP. If you trust this person and are absolutely secure and confident that the trade will go through as presented, go for it. My crystal ball says you will be able to walk into a store and get a wii this summer. The 60GB ps3 won't be back again.[/QUOTE]

He contacted me via my posting on craigslist and we would meet in person and test the equipment before the deal. I didn't know the newer PS3's didn't have full backwards compatibility, good to know.

My roommate has TP and Galaxy (both of which I've beaten 100% anyways).

Thanks for he quick input!

[quote name='Lorik']It was a deal I found on craigslist and we would meet in person and test the equipment before the deal. I didn't know the newer PS3's didn't have full backwards compatibility, good to know.

My roommate has TP and Galaxy (both of which I've beaten 100% anyways).

Thanks for he quick input![/QUOTE]
You better bring someone with you to the trade or maybe even two people because you can't always trust people on Craigslist

[quote name='MikeHoncho']You better bring someone with you to the trade or maybe even two people because you can't always trust people on Craigslist[/QUOTE]

Always. I'm very wary of being set-up. I need to find a public place we can test hardware. Any thoughts anyone?

[quote name='Lorik']Always. I'm very wary of being set-up. I need to find a public place we can test hardware. Any thoughts anyone?[/QUOTE]
Public? That's gonna be kind of hard since you have to test the HDMI cord and of course finding somewhere to connect it will be kind of hard other than your home. If you have a portable tv you can always try the park lol. I've seen people playing Ps2's in my park from the outlets they have there

I could also bring a computer monitor and test in a mall food-court or something. I got DVI-HDMI for the PS3, but nothing to get the Wii hooked up to the monitor.

I sent an email saying I was going to do the deal. I will post and let you know how it works out and if I get stabbed

[quote name='Lorik']I sent an email saying I was going to do the deal. I will post and let you know how it works out and if I get stabbed[/quote]

Last thing i'm doing if i get stabbed is telling people i got stabbed:lol:

That deal's worth getting stabbed over!

I'm kidding!

...now if he'd thrown in a couple more games...and it was a small knife...then maybe.

I think it's a must trade, providing the PS3 works without any issues. I have both a Wii and a 20gb PS3 and as much as I like the Wii, I like DVD movies upscaled, PS1 and PS2 games upscaled, Blu-Rays, and PS3 games on my HDTV more.

Interestingly enough Craigslist aka CL is where the best deals are found.
I just got tonight a daxter silver psp slim with 2 games and 3 movies with 2gb mem card, charger, usb cable, carrying case, etc.. for $100 even.
I'm not at all weirded out over meeting people either, yeah sometimes thoughts go through your head like you could get jacked, but I've had nothing but good experiences with CL.
Good luck and lets us know how everything turned out.
Last week a dude sold his 40GB PS3 for 180, too bad i was 1 minute late on that one :/.

bread's done
Back