Help me find the name of this game

jimbodan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
I remember playing this old game in the arcades about 10 years ago or so and I cannot think of the name of it for the life of me. Hopefully someone here can help me. I don't remember a lot about the game, but from what I recall it was sort of a spy type game where the enemies were people that were different solid colors and you had to shoot at them and you could open doors and hide in them. I think the game also had an upstairs and ground level you could go along. Unfortunately that's about all I can remember, I know it's not a lot go on but maybe someone knows what I'm talking about?

[quote name='ZForce915']Elevator Action?[/quote]

Nope it wasn't elevator action I had that game for nes, it was awesome.

Rolling Thunder, for a limited time only!

thunder.jpg

Rolling Thunder and Codename VIPER were sweet NES games as I recall. From the looks of those screenshots, they seem to have accurately reproduced the arcade version too. Sweet.

But... what was the point of having 8 life boxes when a punch would drop it in half and a bullet wound would kill you outright?

Great game otherwise.

[quote name='bileanddecay']But... what was the point of having 8 life boxes when a punch would drop it in half and a bullet wound would kill you outright?

Great game otherwise.[/quote]

It's like having an arcade-style leaderboard on a home console game---pointless. Unless the leaderboard is transmitted to an online server somewhere, going "nice! I beat my own score! Excellent" isn't exactly earth shattering.

Perhaps the eight bars were there to make players feel like they had more of a chance, and should therefore pump more quarters into the machine.

The original design called for lesser forms of damage to use individual health blocks, like stubbing your toe and a boss that handed out noogies.

If you like the first one, try out the sequels. The second one was pretty weak, but the 3rd one was great. Their on the Genesis.

[quote name='epobirs']The original design called for lesser forms of damage to use individual health blocks, like stubbing your toe and a boss that handed out noogies.[/quote]

wow.

Noogies should take off about 3 squares I would imagine. And a wedgie should kill you outright like the gunshot.

[quote name='PsyClerk']Rolling Thunder, for a limited time only!

thunder.jpg
[/quote]

Holy crap! I remember this game! Outstanding!

**edit** 1,000 posts!

[quote name='"ZForce915"'][quote name='PsyClerk']Rolling Thunder, for a limited time only!

Holy crap! I remember this game! Outstanding!

**edit** 1,000 posts![/quote]

Congrats on 1,000

Nope. Entirely diferent games, entirely different companies. There are hundereds of games just like that. I've always preferred Sunset Riders myself.

[quote name='WildWop']going "nice! I beat my own score! Excellent" isn't exactly earth shattering.[/quote]

It is if you're old-school...

-goes back to trying to beat Time Pilot personal best-

Wow. Seeing that really takes me back. I still have my NES copy with the box and instructions. I don't think I ever beat the 4th level.

I actually beat that game. I'm the only person I've ever known IRL or online that ever beat Rolling Thunder. I was hella addicted to it and damn was I good.

I think it was the hardest game I ever beat.

bread's done
Back