Help me pick an MP3 player! NO IPODS!!

jimbodan

CAGiversary!
Feedback
134 (100%)
I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT INTERESTED IN ANY IPOD. I don't like Apple and I refuse to get an IPOD, so please don't suggest one.

I'm starting my search for a good MP3 player and was hoping for some advice/deals. Right now I'm leaning towards getting a player that can also play video, but I'd like some opinions on how useful other people find the video playback feature. Also I'd like to fit most of my music collection on it, which is up to around 60gigs, so 40gigs is probably the minimum size, with 60 gigs being preferable. I don't use any on-line music service so I could care less about compatibility with those. All my music is in MP3 format and already ripped to my computer so I want something I can just drag my folders into. I'd mainly be using this at work and when I run, or on long trips. My budget right now is around $300-400, the cheaper the better as long as the player is good and meets my needs.

The player I've been looking at is the Creative Zen Vision:M, only problem with it is that it is only 30gigs and that simply isn't big enough. I have heard some rumors that they may anounce a 60gig version next month, anyone know if there is any truth to that rumor? Or can anyone recomend me a different player?

Just to re-iterate..... I'm ABSOLUTELY NOT INTERESTED IN ANY IPOD. I don't like Apple and I refuse to get an IPOD, so please don't suggest one.

I dunno, the Zune seems really slick. I'm happy with my iPod, but that larger screen is sexy.

Oh, and thanks for bringing back an old thread?

I have a vision M and I love it. I also got my friend to sell his ipod and buy a Vision M and he likes it alot compared to the ipod video.

[quote name='tholly']i have only owned / used an ipod.....but, before you say a no-name brand is better than an ipod, or before i say an ipod is better than a no-name brand, i have to asked if you have owned and used both (not just tried someones or used one in a store for a few minutes)....Actually Owned Both???

if you havent owned both, then you cannot say one is better or worse than the other.......[/QUOTE]

dude, do you really think Creative, iRiver, SanDisk, Toshiba, etc. are no-name brands!

Some of these companies definetly make better products than Apple and have been around longer.

Also, Creative is selling a small flash player for 9.99 right now, so that would be a cheap alternative for while jogging.

$60 Sansa Express, a 1GB player that requires no USB cable (imagine a USB thumbdrive with a 1.1-inch OLED screen that's an audio player). The tiny device has an FM tuner and can record from the radio, and has a built-in microphone for making voice recordings. It also has a microSD card slot, which could expand its memory to 3GB. The Sansa Express will be available in March.

http://www.sandisk.com/Products/Catalog(1010)-MP3_and_Video_Players.aspx

I'm getting one of these whenever I can find it. I already have the Sansa e250 and love it, but the wife loves it more so I hardly ever see it.

Don't know why there are so many I-Pod haters in here.

I have a 30 Gig I-Pod video that I've used a LOT over the past 9 months, and I love it. There's so much you can do with the software/firmware, and the capacity is more than I could ever realistically use. I don't need to cart around my whole music collection, after all. The interface is incredible, I-Tunes is easy to use (and easy on the system resources as well), and the only real complaint I have is the price.

I got nothing really to add to this discussion since I'm happy with my 8gb nano, but I just thought it had to be pointed out that this thread was bumped six months later starting with a post to tell the original poster to wait.

bread's done
Back