Help me pick the next games I'm going to play!

FakeKisser

CAGiversary!
Feedback
59 (100%)
Basically, 2012 is the year of the backlog for me. I'm going to be playing as many games as possible to clear out a huge list of games that I never got to for one reason or another (or haven't played in a very long time and want to go back to).

So, I figured it would be fun to ask you guys to help me pick the next games I'm going to play. I also started a website (ingamestories.com) in which I write about a lot of the games I play, so you are also helping me pick some future posts.

Right now, I'm playing Mass Effect 3. After that, I'm definitely going to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood. However, after Brotherhood, I'm going to use this thread to inform the order I'm going to start playing games.

So, here's how it works...

• To make things easier, I'm going to list a small-ish number of games for people to choose from (games I'm most interested in playing soon).
  • I will also post a larger list in spoiler tags in case people want to look through that...if you want more options.
  • These are for single-player experiences. Even if the games have a multi-player portion, I am only playing through the single-player portion as far as this thread goes.
  • NO SPOILERS, PLEASE! Please do not give any spoilers for games on this list, since I obviously haven't played any of the games (or barely remember playing them before).
  • People can give up to five games in their reply (i.e. just giving 1 game in your reply is fine, but I welcome lists of up to 5)
  • I will be assigning a point value to your lists. The first game in the list will be worth 10 points. The second will be worth 7 points. The third is 5, Fourth is 3, and Fifth is 1 point.
  • If you only give 1 game, it will be 10 points - since I will treat that as your "first" pick.
  • If you suggest a game not on this list, it will be given the score two below where it is on your list (minimum of 1 point). So, if it is 1st on your list, it will only get 5 points. I'm not guaranteeing I'll play any games not on my list, though! ;)

I WELCOME ANY FEEDBACK!!! Please share if you want to help me tweak my system or give me feedback on certain games or how to play them (i.e. MODs or where to put skill points, etc. - NO SPOILERS).

Also, If you have any questions, please ask, but I'll put some FAQs here:
  • Please don't tell me to take games off my list. I put them on there for specific reasons. :)
  • It's tragic that I've never played through some of the games on this list. I know that. That's why I'm trying to go through them now!
  • I have played some of these games before, such as Baldur's Gate. However, if they are listed here, it's because I want to revisit them - usually to play sequels I never got to...like Baldur's Gate 2.
  • In most cases, if there is a sequel, you can assume I will play the sequel down the line. So, when you see Crysis, you don't have to say, "Play Crysis 2!" I will play Crysis first and then move to the sequel.
  • Some of the games are small and/or indie games. I'm not separating those, because I want to play those just as much as bigger games.
  • I could have done a poll in this thread, but I want to get actual replies instead of people just ticking something in a poll. Hopefully, I'll get replies with multiple games listed as well so my point system is being used! :D

Here's the short list of games I want to play most:
Alan Wake
Alpha Protocol
Baldur's Gate (replay series)
Braid
Crysis
Darksiders
Deathspank
Fallout: New Vegas
Grim Fandango
Hard Reset (Extended)
Jade Empire
Just Cause
L.A. Noire
Saints Row: The Third
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Torchlight
Total War: SHOGUN 2
X-Com: UFO Defense

Here's the LONG list:
007 Quantum of Solace
A.R.E.S.: Extinction Agenda
AaAaAA!!! - A Reckless Disregard for Gravity
AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! for the Awesome
Alan Wake
Alpha Protocol
Anachronox
And Yet It Moves
Anomaly: Warzone Earth
ANOTHER WORLD: 15TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION
AQUANOX
Aquaria
ARCANUM: OF STEAMWORKS AND MAGICK OBSCURA
ARX FATALIS
Atom Zombie Smasher
Avadon: The Black Fortress
Aztaka
BALDUR'S GATE: THE ORIGINAL SAGA
BENEATH A STEEL SKY
BETRAYAL AT KRONDOR PACK
BEYOND GOOD AND EVIL
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
BIT.TRIP BEAT
Blocks That Matter
Blueberry Garden
Bob Came in Pieces
Braid
Breath of Death VII
BROKEN SWORD: DIRECTOR'S CUT + THE ORIGINAL GAME
Bulletstorm
Cave Story+
CELTIC KINGS: RAGE OF WAR
Costume Quest
CRUSADER: NO REMORSE
Crysis
Cthulhu Saves the World
Darksiders
Darkstar One
Darwinia
DeathSpank
DEFCON
Diamond Dan
Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time
DRAGONSPHERE
Dungeon Siege
DUNGEONS & DRAGONS: DRAGONSHARD
Dungeons of Dredmor
E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy
Eets
Eufloria
FALLOUT TACTICS
Fallout: New Vegas
Fatale
Fate of the World: Steam Special Edition
Flotilla
FORGOTTEN REALMS: DEMON STONE
Fortix 2
Freedom Force
FREESPACE + EXPANSION
From Dust
Frozen Synapse
Full Throttle
Gemini Rue
Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
Gish
GOTHIC
Gratuitous Space Battles
Greed Corp
Grim Fandango
Guardians of Graxia
Gumboy - Crazy Adventures
Guns of Icarus
Hacker Evolution
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Hammerfight
Hard Reset
Hinterland
HOARD
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
ICEWIND DALE COMPLETE
INDEPENDENCE WAR DELUXE
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
inMomentum
INTERSTATE ’76 ARSENAL, THE
Iron Grip: Warlord
Jade Empire
JAGGED ALLIANCE: DEADLY GAMES
Jamestown
JOURNEYMAN PROJECT 2, THE
Just Cause
King Arthur - The Role-playing Wargame
King's Bounty: The Legend
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
L.A. Noire
Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light
LITTLE BIG ADVENTURE (RELENTLESS: TWINSEN'S ADVENTURE)
LOOM
Lugaru HD
Mafia II
Magicka
Max and the Magic Marker
MDK
Mount and Blade
Mr. Robot
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS: DIAMOND EDITION
NightSky
Nimbus
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness
Orcs Must Die!
OUTCAST
Painkiller
Plain Sight
POLICE QUEST 1+2+3+4
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Puzzle Bots
Rag Doll Kung Fu
Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale
Renegade Ops
Revenge of the Titans
RoboBlitz
Rock of Ages
RUSH
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl
Saints Row The Third
Saira
Sanctum
SANITARIUM
Sequence
Shadowgrounds
SHATTERED STEEL
SIMON THE SORCERER
Solar 2
Space Channel 5: Part 2
Space Pirates and Zombies
SPACE QUEST
SpaceChem
Splinter Cell
Stacking
Star Trek Away Team
Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic
STAR WOLVES
Stranglehold
STRONGHOLD
Super Meat Boy
Sword of the Stars: Complete Collection
Syberia
System Protocol One
TEMPLE OF ELEMENTAL EVIL, THE
Terraria
TEX MURPHY
The Ball
The Binding of Isaac
The Dig
The Graveyard
The Maw
The Misadventures of P.B. Winterbottom
The Path
The Tiny Bang Story
The UnderGarden
The Wonderful End of the World
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Torchlight
Total War: SHOGUN 2
Trauma
Twin Sector
Uplink
Vampire the Masquerade: Redemption
VVVVVV
Warcraft
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Windosill
WING COMMANDER
X-COM: UFO Defense
XIII
Your Doodles are Bugged!
Zombie Shooter

I'm going to keep this thread open for as long as anyone is interested in voting and just updating the main thread with games I finish (maybe how long they took me to "complete") and the games that are up next. Since I'll never get through every game, there will always be an opportunity for people to help me order my backlog.

I will post the final results and update the thread as I play through some of the games. Once I finish a game, I'll just take it off the list and play the next game with the highest point value from the votes. :)

*Also, I'm not 100% committing to the results, though I will be referring to it the most when playing through my backlog. If a newer game comes out, it will take precedence. Or if I want to squeeze a short game in, I will just go ahead and do that. Or if I play a game and want to play the sequel(s) right away, I will sneak those in.

THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
L.A Noire and Fallouy: New Vegas i that order. I'd put NV first but some need breathers from RPG's, esp if it is New Vegas.

I vote Fallout - New Vegas.

It's glitchy, pretty ugly, fairly similar to Fallout 3, but super-addictive. I played it like a full time job for a couple weeks last year.

This seems like an overly complex way of going "eenie, meenie.." :p

Anyway, several really good games there but Alan Wake is the best of the bunch imo. Play that.

Alan Wake: Not only is it the best on the list, but it's also quite short. You can easily beat it in a few days and move on to the next game.

Torchlight: The perfect secondary game that can be a stress-free breather in between your current backlog chipping, so long as you don't obsess over your inventory too much.

From your full list of 100+ games I lol'd at SFIV. That's not usually one you ever see in "backlog" territory.

[quote name='panzerfaust']Would make a wonderful series of blog posts, just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Well, I post something on my new site for almost every game I play, so I doubt I'll do more than that, but we'll see! :)

[quote name='argyle']This seems like an overly complex way of going "eenie, meenie.." :p[/QUOTE]

Yep! It's all just for fun and to make it easier for me to not think about the order and just play.

[quote name='Kerig']From your full list of 100+ games I lol'd at SFIV. That's not usually one you ever see in "backlog" territory.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha. Yeah, SFIV shouldn't be on there. I have a list of every game I own, and I tried to take out every game that is multiplayer or just not interesting enough to play through single-player. So, I'll take it out now. :D

Thanks everyone for all the "votes" so far!! Please keep them coming!!

I'm going to keep this thread open for as long as anyone is interested in voting and just updating the main thread with games I finish and the games that are up next. Since I'll never get through every game, there will always be an opportunity for people to help me order my backlog.

Once I finish a game, I'll just take it off the list and play the next game with the highest point value from the votes :)

Currently, Alan Wake, Braid, and Fallout: New Vegas have the most points, but it will be a couple weeks before I finish both Mass Effect 3 and Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, so who knows what will happen by then!

Keep the votes comin'! Thanks!!

bread's done
Back