Help me play Star Wars!!!!

Mr Dude65

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I bought the SW blus yesterday, and tried to play them on my ASUS G74SX-A1 with Slimtype BD E DS4E1S bd drive using Roxio Cineplayer BD. When I put the movies in, I can hear them rotate in the drive, and the program switches to full-screen and says Play, but the screed remains blank, and there is no info. The drive reads the discs, but it seems that the software isn't working correctly. I can play other blus (Dark Knight, LOTR EE) so I believe it may be firmware related. Can someone help?

Ugggghhhh, this is terrible! I just want to watch these movies, but there seems to be nothing to do, except buy expensive software! If anyone knows how I can get this to work, I'd be forever in their debt!

[quote name='bredbu']ill sell you a blu ray player for 110 shipped :)[/QUOTE]

Well that would kind of make my drive pointless, lol! Thanks, though!

[quote name='sharkslope']I would try PowerDVD.[/QUOTE]

Is there a free version? I do not want to pay anything to do something I should have been able to do in the first place!

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yep, that's exactly my problem...

Looks like I have to wait for an update. BD is total BS. But it looks soooooo gooood!

Anyone know how to set up VLC correctly to play BDs?[/QUOTE]

Your drive reads the movies and your software decodes them. To do that you need a license, so yes, BD drives on a pc is expensive.

[quote name='Finch106']Your drive reads the movies and your software decodes them. To do that you need a license, so yes, BD drives on a pc is expensive.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I know. I'm sorry, but I don't quite follow you...

[quote name='Mr Dude65']Yep, that's exactly my problem...

Looks like I have to wait for an update. BD is total BS. But it looks soooooo gooood!

Anyone know how to set up VLC correctly to play BDs?[/QUOTE]

Unless something has changed since the last time I've looked, VLC can't play BD. It's one of the reasons I've not gotten a BD player for my computer, because good software for BD costs money.

However, I believe if you can rip the BD onto your computer using various programs, VLC can then play the video files. It just can't play from the disc.

Well, went ahead and got the PowerDVD trial. Worked like a charm! Great, now I have another $80 to spend...

Damn you Star Wars!!!!!

Well that sucks, though I'm glad it's a software prob and not a limitation of your BD drive or computer or anything. I personally wouldn't buy it right away. I'd contact Roxio first and see if they can't put out some update to remedy the prob

[quote name='ssjmichael']Well that sucks, though I'm glad it's a software prob and not a limitation of your BD drive or computer or anything. I personally wouldn't buy it right away. I'd contact Roxio first and see if they can't put out some update to remedy the prob[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly! Thanks for all of the help guys! Now I can hear the infamous "NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!" in Jedi! If you guys get any new info on free BD software, let me know! I'd love to save me some cash!

[quote name='seether254']just finished watching the set the other day, they look amazing! Suck for you tho, my sympathies.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, lol! I did get them working on a trial of PowerDVD, so at least I can watch them for a month. They really do look amazing, though!

wow dude, I have same model pc as OP and the blus won't work either how disappointing. is anyone familiar on how well roxio updates their software?

bread's done
Back