Help me remember two movies, please.

Moses144

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Okay, I saw these two movies long, long ago, I believe they were on cable. They're just two random movies which I never forgot yet never knew too much about. I never knew the names of the movie, so I have a right to not know their names.

The 1st movie had this family go to some town. The thing was, there was this old grampa who was dead (?) helping a young boy in the family. The grampa kept saying how wrong the town was, and when he appeared I believe time froze for the kid. The food in the town was all rotten, and at one point the corn has green stuff on it, I believe to transmute the family into zombie types. Then the gramps appeared and made the kid pee on the corn. The only other thing I remember was the villagers hated meat or something, and to defeat them at the end the family ate meat or whatever it was.

The 2nd movie had a mother who I think came back from the dead, but to stay alive, she had to keep eating living things, like bugs and such. It seemed like it wasn't a horror movie, sorta how Serial Mom wasn't horror. I think the mother eventually went out of control and ate humans or something, so she had to be put back down.

Vague, I know, but hopefully it's enough to get answers. Thanks for slogging through what memories I have and potentially helping me out.

Edit: the movies are Troll 2 and Dead Alive. Apparently Dead Alive is one of the goriest movies of all time, and Troll 2 is written/acted so extremely badly, it's universally accepted as a great movie. Thanks for the help, guys.

[quote name='Moses144']Okay, I saw these two movies long, long ago, I believe they were on cable. They're just two random movies which I never forgot yet never knew too much about. I never knew the names of the movie, so I have a right to not know their names.

The 1st movie had this family go to some town. The thing was, there was this old grampa who was dead (?) helping a young boy in the family. The grampa kept saying how wrong the town was, and when he appeared I believe time froze for the kid. The food in the town was all rotten, and at one point the corn has green stuff on it, I believe to transmute the family into zombie types. Then the gramps appeared and made the kid pee on the corn. The only other thing I remember was the villagers hated meat or something, and to defeat them at the end the family ate meat or whatever it was.

The 2nd movie had a mother who I think came back from the dead, but to stay alive, she had to keep eating living things, like bugs and such. It seemed like it wasn't a horror movie, sorta how Serial Mom wasn't horror. I think the mother eventually went out of control and ate humans or something, so she had to be put back down.

Vague, I know, but hopefully it's enough to get answers. Thanks for slogging through what memories I have and potentially helping me out.[/QUOTE]
2nd one sounds like "Dead Alive", directed by none other than Peter Jackson.

http://www.amazon.com/Dead-Alive-Timothy-Balme/dp/157362408X

[quote name='Moses144']Okay, I saw these two movies long, long ago, I believe they were on cable. They're just two random movies which I never forgot yet never knew too much about. I never knew the names of the movie, so I have a right to not know their names.

Vague, I know, but hopefully it's enough to get answers. Thanks for slogging through what memories I have and potentially helping me out.[/QUOTE]

I'll have what he's smoking, please.

I'm no cracklord, I assure. I don't know if it's Dead Alive/Brain Dead; did it have a scene where the main character kissed a girl then another guy told him he has lipstick on his face? It sounds like an interesting movie anyway. Thanks.

Edit: it actually sounds exactly like what I remember. The lawnmower part seems to definitely trigger something.

[quote name='Moses144']Edit: it actually sounds exactly like what I remember. The lawnmower part seems to definitely trigger something.[/QUOTE]
If you saw Dead Alive, you should remember the lawnmower bit. It's one of the greatest scenes in movie history.

"Joshua's family takes a trip to NILBOG, which, unbeknownst to them, is the kingdom of the goblins, as told to young Joshua by his grandfather Seth, who just happens to be dead. Now it's up to Josh, magical time stopping Grandpa Seth, and a bologna sandwich to save the family from the evil Goblin Queen, who uses everything from magical rocks to an ear of corn, to destroy Josh's family. Written by Tobias Christopher"

"
In this family comedy adventure, the Waits family are tired of the food in their normal town, so they trade houses to live in a wonderful half empty town. Oh, Elliot it will be wonderful! Soon the Goblins are trying to get them to eat their food with green stuff on it, and the final disco showdown is at hand. Nilbog will never be the same! Written by trolls_vs_damthings"

Thank you very, very much.

the first troll was an awesome movie had me scared shitless as a kid but yeah the second was horrible the town of Nilbog way to stretch the imagination with that one but at least there were some boobies in it.

dead alive i think is up there i horror films but not as great as cemetry man or zombie. zombie was and is one of those films that will creep you out every time. especially the closet scene i still cant watch that without blinking and flinching. but dead alive is cool though damn movie ruined vanilla pudding for me.

I've been meaning to pick up Troll 2,.. thanks for the reminder :) Dead Alive is a spectacular movie that no horror fan has missed or should miss.

I KICK ASS FOR THE LORD!!!!

They both sound like slidecage favorites.

In other words: Terrible.

bread's done
Back