Help me w/PS3 accessories, thanks.

azortex

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I know you need a HDMI MM cable if you have a hi-def TV, so I got one for $7 shipped off eBay since they're the same, no point in paying for a name brand. Is there any other recommended accessories I should buy?

I know the fan is pointless, so I won't buy that.

I was looking at a PS3/PS2 controller adapter, what's a good brand and price?

I would like a wall outlet charger for the PS3 controller to save PS3 life, worth getting? Any recommendations?

Thanks for any help.

Update: I got in on the Amazon $499 deal so I have the PS3, RE BluRay, & free remote. Waiting for the cable and then I'll play NG Sigma, no rush since that's the only game I have. Got Zelda yesterday for Wii so I'm happy playing it, still waiting for my XBox360 to come back from repair. Blasted thing taking too long.

Blu-Ray remote is a good accessory.

And yes, just plug the PS3 into any USB port to charge (although, I don't think it charges if you PS3 is off).

No, the controllers can't be charged if the PS3 is off...

also, it doesn't really kill the PS3 if you use it to charge the controller. The best way to have a fully controller at all time is have one connected to the PS3 via USB while you're playing game with the other controller.

Obvisouly, i won't turn on the PS3 just to charge the controller... do that while you watch BD or downloading stuffs... Otherwise, use the PC or buy that wall outlet thing.

Is there a fan that doesn't piggyback off the PS3 AC plug? I run it 24/7 for Folding and I need some heat control my apartment, but I don't want to void the warrenty. "Just don't tell them" doesn't count, haha.

At the moment, Pelican has the best ps2 controller adapter. My most recommended accessory is a long usb cord so you can plug your sixaxis in while playing. Playing with a plugged in controller allows you to play without worrying about a controller desync happening at the wrong time.

You can either buy a usb extension cable (go to monoprice) or just buy a long cable. I did both. And if you're curious I bought the Nykocable for the ps3.

bread's done
Back