Help me with cheap xbox stuff please.

CriscoKidd

CAGiversary!
Just scored a cheap xbox.

Problem is ... it's just the unit. No controllers, no cables, nada.

I'm not picky, but I do want the best combo of quality and cheapness for

- an RF adaptor
- power cord
- controller
- dvd playback kit(though those seem pretty cheap already on amazon)

I know there's a b2g1f at gamecrazy right now so I might hit them up. It's just going to be a unit for me to play pretty much and I wasn't planning on getting one but the deal was too good to pass up. I already have PS2, GC, DC, and a PSone, pretty sure the cords/adaptors wont work with the box, but maybe I'm wrong.

Used Controller S' (my personal favorites) are 19.99 at EBstop. Just make sure you test it out thoroughly. Don't grab the first one on the peg, check them all out. You should look for one where the little dots on the sticks are still very distinct. They wear out pretty quickly so if you find one with the dots still very much intact, chances are it wasn't used much.

Back in 2005 MS recalled the original Xbox power cable and mailed out replacements. The replacement looks like an older videogame power source (big black box) and apparently acts as some sort of safeguard against the system bursting into flames. However, I've never had to shop for Xbox cables so I don't really know where to get them.

Best buy was clearing out the RF adaptor for like $2, but I haven't seen any lately.

I think the power cord is just some regular electronics 2-plug cord.

The DVD playback kit was cleared out at Toys R Us from like $0.90 cents to $10 depending on the store. But I haven't seen any recently. I did see them on clearance at Sears, but they are $19.99.

For controllers, try Sears or Kmart. Every other place is out of them it seems.

I'll sell you a new Controller S (black or green) for $20+ship. I bought too many for the CAGers that wanted it.

I think the power cord is just some regular electronics 2-plug cord.

It is, and it's the standard "8" shape or double oval. PS2 cord won't fit because it's oval+square, but most electronics use a double oval.

[quote name='espy605']It is, and it's the standard "8" shape or double oval. PS2 cord won't fit because it's oval+square, but most electronics use a double oval.[/quote]
Yup... I was re-wiring my stuff, and I noticed my PS2 plug was like square + D, but the Xbox one is just like the "8" you said.

Think just something like this:

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bin/item/LCAC-390/905/6%22#39;_2_COND._UNIVERSAL_PWR_CORD,_NON-POLARIZED_.html

I just took a look, but noticed there's a big ferrite core at the end of the xbox power cord though. Dunno if you need it though.

What does the 360's power cord look like? Maybe it'll be compatible? Nevermind... 360 has the big, external power brick.

bread's done
Back