Help me with my psych class...

weimerwanger

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've been in probably 20 psych classes thus far, and I'll have to say the worst one is "psychology of women" very redundant, and the teacher is assigning so many bs projects. I need 100 people to answer a survey : http://surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=593761524692

Don't bother informing me how retarded / rhetorical it is, for one my (female) partner made it, and secondly I could care less, I'm not taking pride in my performance in this class.

Much appreciated.

Oh, and let the jokes begin >_>

[quote name='tholly']being a senior psych major myself, im happy to help....and it was nice and short too

good luck with the class[/QUOTE]

This class is probably going to wreck my chance of graduating in psych with honors... I've never retaken a class before but a C or lower in a majors class is going to have me looking at what other teachers I can retake with.

Psychology of Women...
:whistle2:k I think I had that class too...

Did the cover of your book look like this?

mushroom.jpg

I think the whole point is to figure out how aware people are of the dominance of men in science. They probably want to know how many believe women are actually given equal importance in science, relative to what they accomplish.

Though, if you're going to be working directly with people, and not a corporation, I think you'd want to be as well rounded as possible so you can improve how effective you are, and a class focusing on 50% of the population probably helps in that.

:lol: that's ONE way to do a survey. what was that 6 extremely leading questions?

I feel yer pain, man....

we discussed women and science for a brief 10 minutes in my Sociology of Social Problems class the other day. it was a really shitty 10 minutes.

woman: "Why aren't there more women in science? I know of marie curie and only a few others..."

man: "well, it's science, people get recognized on the basis of their work."

feminist: "but they teach you only about men in science at school, along with marie curie and a few others. dontcha think that's a bit.......imbalanced?"

man: "no. it's science, people get recognized on the basis of their work. if more women made more major scientific discoveries, they would be covered."

woman: "yes, but...[blah blah history of oppression]

man: "yes, but...[blah blah science is science.]"

and on and on and on until we hit a stalemate.

But there has long been a bias against accepting women into those fields. They are not taken as seriously and, generally, they need to perform better than men to recieve equal credit. The president of Harvard himself stated that women are not as capable as men in the fields of math and science, due to innate genetic differences.

While there is improvement, women recieve less encouragement to pursue academic careers in science as opposed to men. Also, the amount of men and women recieivng PHD's is not reflected in teaching or research fields either.

There's also an aspect of just discrimination as a whole. Those who are discriminated against are more likely to report higher levels of discrimination. For example blacks, homosexuals and women all report higher rates of discrimination than whites, heterosexuals and men believe those groups recieve.

[quote name='alonzomourning23']But there has long been a bias against accepting women into those fields. They are not taken as seriously and, generally, they need to perform better than men to recieve equal credit. [/QUOTE]

This coming from AZ, super scientist #1!

[quote name='alonzomourning23']But there has long been a bias against accepting women into those fields. They are not taken as seriously and, generally, they need to perform better than men to recieve equal credit. The president of Harvard himself stated that women are not as capable as men in the fields of math and science, due to innate genetic differences.

While there is improvement, women recieve less encouragement to pursue academic careers in science as opposed to men. Also, the amount of men and women recieivng PHD's is not reflected in teaching or research fields either.

There's also an aspect of just discrimination as a whole. Those who are discriminated against are more likely to report higher levels of discrimination. For example blacks, homosexuals and women all report higher rates of discrimination than whites, heterosexuals and men believe those groups recieve.[/QUOTE]

I'm aware of this, sorry if it seemed like I was saying women are just paranoid or something. The people who got on the topic weren't quite on the ball and the ensuing conversation went down like what I had posted, almost verbatim (freakin' honors course too...)
I guess just wanted to bitch about my class, i dunno why i posted that :lol:

[quote name='AngellicLulu']I took it. I was expecting something longer o_O[/QUOTE]

Anyone want to make a bet on whether or not that's the first time Lulu's ever said that?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']Well that was really short. :lol:[/QUOTE]

holy shortitude, batman!

good luck with the class.

[quote name='JSweeney']Anyone want to make a bet on whether or not that's the first time Lulu's ever said that?[/QUOTE]

:applause::rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :applause:

[quote name='JSweeney']Anyone want to make a bet on whether or not that's the first time Lulu's ever said that?[/QUOTE]
... I'm going to feign ignorance, otherwise I'd have to beat you up. :speaktothehand:

[quote name='Apossum']:lol: that's ONE way to do a survey. what was that 6 extremely leading questions?

I feel yer pain, man....

we discussed women and science for a brief 10 minutes in my Sociology of Social Problems class the other day. it was a really shitty 10 minutes.

woman: "Why aren't there more women in science? I know of marie curie and only a few others..."

man: "well, it's science, people get recognized on the basis of their work."

feminist: "but they teach you only about men in science at school, along with marie curie and a few others. dontcha think that's a bit.......imbalanced?"

man: "no. it's science, people get recognized on the basis of their work. if more women made more major scientific discoveries, they would be covered."

woman: "yes, but...[blah blah history of oppression]

man: "yes, but...[blah blah science is science.]"

and on and on and on until we hit a stalemate.[/QUOTE]

Classic.

You know, the woman could have made the arguement that Zo made, but instead she kept on whining. Draw your own conclusions people...

PS Before you think it's been an easy ride for male scientists, just look at Copernicus, Galileo, and Newton.

[quote name='AngellicLulu']... I'm going to feign ignorance, otherwise I'd have to beat you up. :speaktothehand:[/QUOTE]

Promises, Promises. ;)

psych major pros -

hot chicks in all your classes, potential action

cons -

you graduate with a psych major

[quote name='gsr']psych major pros -

hot chicks in all your classes, potential action

cons -

you graduate with a psych major[/QUOTE]

comp sci major cons -

the same 2 geek chicks in all your classes, potential action that you don't want

pros -

you can carpool to anime con 2006

[quote name='camoor']comp sci major cons -

the same 2 geek chicks in all your classes, potential action that you don't want

pros -

you can carpool to anime con 2006[/QUOTE]

Sad, but true. :)

bread's done
Back