Help! My wife broke my turntable!

starman9000

CAGiversary!
Feedback
85 (100%)
Ok, this is a longshot, but I just moved and our record player got flipped during the move. All I know is a rubber band fell out and I cant figure out where it goes. The Turntable is a JVC. If anyone thinks they might be able to help that would be great. I can put pics up if needed.

look for two gears, they wont have teeth on them, and you want have to stretch the belt very mutch.

Screw it, just get a new one. Music Hall MMF 2.1, thats what I have.

[quote name='BigNick']look for two gears, they wont have teeth on them, and you want have to stretch the belt very mutch.

Screw it, just get a new one. Music Hall MMF 2.1, thats what I have.[/quote]

how much is that?

[quote name='BigNick']look for two gears, they wont have teeth on them, and you want have to stretch the belt very mutch.

Screw it, just get a new one. Music Hall MMF 2.1, thats what I have.[/quote]

Unfortunately we are on a tight budget right now, so thats not an option.

Anyway, I know the gears you are talking about, but the belt seams too big, do I need to double it up or something?

[quote name='BigNick']you dont double them up, is there any gears that can move. or maybe a third one?[/quote]

I dont see a third one, there is a black arm by one of the gears that swings up and down. Ill take a picture ( or try, I only have a camerphone for digital).

wow, that belt looks a lot different than mine, it looks like it could go around the big platter, that the record sits on.

[quote name='BigNick']wow, that belt looks a lot different than mine, it looks like it could go around the big platter, that the record sits on.[/quote]
\
Yeah you were right. Thanks a ton. I swore I tried that before, but obviously I was doing something wrong. Anyway, off to listen to some tunes.

Thanks for taking the time bignick!

[quote name='Xevious']Guitar Center is having labor day sale. Check out their website for more info. Maybe you can get a replacement.

http://www.guitarcenter.com[/quote]
Thanks, but I got it working now, thanks to bignicks help. But is everything on sale at Guitar Center? I could use some stuff.

[quote name='starman9000']
Unfortunately we are on a tight budget[/quote]

go to your local radioshack and there is some rca turntables on clearance for 100 bucks.

[quote name='Graystone'][quote name='starman9000']
Unfortunately we are on a tight budget[/quote]

go to your local radioshack and there is some rca turntables on clearance for 100 bucks.[/quote]

Might check it out for a wedding gift for some friends. Thanks for the info.

[quote name='BigNick']Glad I could help. Enjoy. I love vinyl, its so warm. Cds are too perfect.[/quote]

Yeah, vinyl rules. Plus it is cheap (and a good hobby if you have used stores to look through)

[quote name='starman9000'][quote name='BigNick']Glad I could help. Enjoy. I love vinyl, its so warm. Cds are too perfect.[/quote]

Yeah, vinyl rules. Plus it is cheap (and a good hobby if you have used stores to look through)[/quote]

ya, I really need to go to chicago one weekend and look, there has to be tons there.

[quote name='BigNick'][quote name='starman9000'][quote name='BigNick']Glad I could help. Enjoy. I love vinyl, its so warm. Cds are too perfect.[/quote]

Yeah, vinyl rules. Plus it is cheap (and a good hobby if you have used stores to look through)[/quote]

ya, I really need to go to chicago one weekend and look, there has to be tons there.[/quote]

Im just glad I moved to the twin cities so I can start up my hobby again (although I went to two of my favorite old stores in St. Paul and they were both gone)

I have consciously not bought a record player the last few years because i don't need another addiction. I'd go berzerk buying every piece of vinyl that came my way. Of course, I do that now with cds and downloading stuff via iTunes.

bread's done
Back