Help! Need advice!!!

Havoc1701

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I finally broke down and decided to buy a PS3. Ebay seems to be the best chance of finding any deals. So I bid on and won this auction...

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393...site=0&ver=BCA080805&lk=URL&Item=220091300749

I sent payment via Paypal immediately after the auction ended. This morning I received the following email from the seller...
[quote name='Seller']I have refunded your payment...if you still want this item I would be more than happy to invoice you through Google Checkout since Paypal has limited my account. Please let me know and i'm sorry for any inconvience.

-Stephanie[/QUOTE]
Does anyone have any experience using Google checkout??? My question is will I have any protection from fraud with Google or should I just walk away???

)-(

I was lucky enough to grab a couple of these at the stores so I figured i'd try to make a few bucks (Thanks Wal-Mart!). Anyway, up for auction is a brand new Playstation 3, 60GB complete with free blu-ray movie Talledega Nights and store receipt.

She's just BSing you. She lost money on the auction and now she trying to find an escape. IMO, sounds very fishy she cannot refund your money back VIA Pp.

About google, sorry, I have never used it. I'd put google check out in your subject though.

[quote name='Dhuk']She's just BSing you. She lost money on the auction and now she trying to find an escape. IMO, sounds very fishy she cannot refund your money back VIA Pp.

About google, sorry, I have never used it. I'd put google check out in your subject though.[/QUOTE]

Yea she losing money on this auction and trying to get out of the deal. I'm not sure its safe to still send the money again. Especially since you don't have your money from the paypal you sent? Or am I wrong?

Get your money back, walk away.

Also, how is $620 a deal on PS3? I know you supposedly got a free game, but risking all that money on a seller with 4 feedback doesn't seem like a smart way to "save" $40.

I definitely wouldn't repay with a different method. Given the closing price I'd have to agree that she simply doesn't want to lose money and is BSing you. Report her to eBay as a non performing seller.

I like her final line of the listing:

"Remember -- your bid is a legal binding contract so don't bid unless you intend to pay. Simple."

What an asshat.

Remember -- your listing is a legal binding contract so don't list unless you intend to sell. Simple.

I dont think the seller is lying if you look at her previous auctions they have all been pretty good high dollar items and the person is fairly new so it is very possible her paypal account got limited for suspicion of fraud. She did offer you another method to pay so it does not seem like she is trying to back out of the auction if she was she would have said it got stolen or something like that.

bread's done
Back