Help needed: one game wont read on my xbox, but will on different one

merchie89

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
Ok I went and rented WWE 12. Came home saw that the disc was very laser burned so it wouldnt read. Go get it cleaned (yeah should have just returned it but I wanted to play it so its only $2)

Game still has the slightest showing of a burn but STILL WONT READ!

just for giggles, i take it down to my roommates old model 360 and it plays perfectly fine! IM SO CONFUSED!!!

all my other games still work on my 360, only WWE 12 wont play

Anyone ever hear of something like this before?

Any input would be appreciated but please no "your xbox is broken, or get a new game"

An odd issue, but may have something to do with the DVD-reader used in the respective Xboxes. As in, your drive is a Toshiba but your roommates is a Samsung, etc. If it plays in his and doesn't play in your though, there is nothing really you can do unless you want to switch out your entire drive. :lol:

Solution: Either play on his old'en times Xbox or rent a new copy for yourself.

I wanna be the MIZ!!!! AHHHH!!!

It wont install either. His is an old model and Ive got a Slim I bought last black friday, the drives thing makes sense but it is still sad

[quote name='merchie89']I wanna be the MIZ!!!! AHHHH!!!

It wont install either. His is an old model and Ive got a Slim I bought last black friday, the drives thing makes sense but it is still sad[/QUOTE]

Yep, nothing you can do about it as far as that specific game goes. Pretty odd to say the least still though. I would suggest the game is just damaged but considering it plays on his but not on yours I can't help but think it has to do with the different drives of the Xboxes. :-({|=

A friend at my work told me the same thing. He was trying to play Driver: San Francisco. He has one of those new Xboxs. Imho the newer Xboxs with the built in wifi adapter are not as good as the big 360 consoles. Usually the slims internal parts are smaller and have a tendency to break easier. Compared to the fullsize models. All mircosoft cares about with the slims is make it cheaper and get more money in revenue.

[quote name='merchie89']Any input would be appreciated but please no "your xbox is broken, or get a new game"[/QUOTE]

Well, it's rented, so just tell whoever you rented it from it doesn't work and they'll give you a different copy. I had a copy of LA Noire that didn't work for no discernible reason, so I just exchanged it and the new one works just fine. I never figured out why, I just assumed it was the disc. It's probably not your Xbox, especially if the disc is visibly damaged.

[quote name='merchie89']Ok I went and rented WWE 12. Came home saw that the disc was very laser burned so it wouldnt read. Go get it cleaned (yeah should have just returned it but I wanted to play it so its only $2)

Game still has the slightest showing of a burn but STILL WONT READ!

just for giggles, i take it down to my roommates old model 360 and it plays perfectly fine! IM SO CONFUSED!!!

all my other games still work on my 360, only WWE 12 wont play

Anyone ever hear of something like this before?

Any input would be appreciated but please no "your xbox is broken, or get a new game"[/QUOTE]
I want to know what "laser burned" means.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']I want to know what "laser burned" means.[/QUOTE]

same but guy under OP is right it may be the disc reader.

bread's done
Back