Help??? No longer a registered user

postaboy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
77 (100%)
Update:

Based on the proof of delivery sent by the USPS, the package was delivered to the correct address, but it was signed by a different last name.

So far, no hold/charge back yet.

Thanks for the help

Hi,

Yesterday, I sold a fat ps3 and the buyer was a new user with 0 feedback. The buyer has already paid through the auctions checkout with paypal and now the buyer is No Longer a Registered User. The address is confirmed and I haven't got a charge back/hold yet. The ps3 was shipped out yesterday. I then sent a message letting the buyer know that the ps3 has been shipped.

The package was shipped via USPS Priority Mail with signature confirmation and insurance.

Help??? Should I be worried about it?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Clear your money out of paypal and close the acct. Immediately!

Seriously though, I would do something with the money before paypal debits your acct.

No you should be fine as long as the item is signed for and you shipped to address on record. The buyer's account was probably hacked so ebay and the credit card company will wind up eating the loss as long as you followed all the rules. Your money might be tied up while it gets sorted out so that is one negative.

And emptying out your paypal account won't do any good in the event they want to reverse charges. They will just take it out of any future paypal funds that come into the account or bill you for the balance, send the balance to collections and trash your credit.

[quote name='kklems']No you should be fine as long as the item is signed for and you shipped to address on record. The buyer's account was probably hacked so ebay and the credit card company will wind up eating the loss as long as you followed all the rules. Your money might be tied up while it gets sorted out so that is one negative.

And emptying out your paypal account won't do any good in the event they want to reverse charges. They will just take it out of any future paypal funds that come into the account or bill you for the balance, send the balance to collections and trash your credit.[/QUOTE]

Plus closing the account will make it look shady...

[quote name='The Punisher']Plus closing the account will make it look shady...[/QUOTE]
Why would it look shady? The BUYER is the one that is NLR, and people close accts. all the time because they are fed up with paypal/ebay always siding with the buyer and losing money. Maybe this would be a good time to plug the site below.

http://paypalsucks.com/

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Why would it look shady? The BUYER is the one that is NLR, and people close accts. all the time because they are fed up with paypal/ebay always siding with the buyer and losing money. Maybe this would be a good time to plug the site below.

http://paypalsucks.com/[/QUOTE]

Just saying from ebay/ paypal point of view.

[quote name='SlammedNiss']Why would it look shady? The BUYER is the one that is NLR, and people close accts. all the time because they are fed up with paypal/ebay always siding with the buyer and losing money. Maybe this would be a good time to plug the site below.

http://paypalsucks.com/[/QUOTE]

Is that stuff true on paypalsucks.com? If a hacker got your info. account and was charging stuff, they wont help out and that u have to pay it back?

[quote name='The Punisher']Is that stuff true on paypalsucks.com? If a hacker got your info. account and was charging stuff, they wont help out and that u have to pay it back?[/QUOTE]
No if you can prove it was fraud and file a police report your bank/credit card will back you. However existing paypal funds could be lost.

bread's done
Back