Help on Alienware Aurora R3 PSU

mietha

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
My new Aurora R3 arrived today and I have a rather serious issue. Apparently I screwed up and only ordered the 525w PSU instead of the 875w PSU. I can not figure out how to buy one from dell and their outsourced phone support is less than worthless. Does anyone know of either how to buy the alienware 875w one or of any other PSU that can go in the case without having to mod it? Obviously I'm not modding it and voiding the warranty, but I am VERY afraid something is going to burn out. Any online wattage calculator I've tried all say the mininum PSU should be well above 525w. So if anyone can help, please do.

[quote name='mietha']My new Aurora R3 arrived today and I have a rather serious issue. Apparently I screwed up and only ordered the 525w PSU instead of the 875w PSU. I can not figure out how to buy one from dell and their outsourced phone support is less than worthless. Does anyone know of either how to buy the alienware 875w one or of any other PSU that can go in the case without having to mod it? Obviously I'm not modding it and voiding the warranty, but I am VERY afraid something is going to burn out. Any online wattage calculator I've tried all say the mininum PSU should be well above 525w. So if anyone can help, please do.[/QUOTE]

Can't you just return it and reorder?

Returning it would be the best option. If you really don't want to do that, then check ebay. I upgraded my Dell XPS 720 750W power supply to 1000W a couple years ago and I bought it off ebay for a decent price.

I hope you get your 875W PSU and that everything works out well for you. Dell wasn't that helpful with me.

I bought an Alienware Aurora R3. Worst decision ever. Computer is useless, Dead On Arrival. Dell Techs never helped me. Thanks a bunch Dell.

As for Dell, they will never see my money again, they ripped me once, that is enough.

First problem...you bought an Alienware.

That said, unless it's some weird custom build PSU to fit into some awkward case, you should just be able to purchase a quality PSU (Antec, Corsair, Silverstone, etc...) from Newegg.

bread's done
Back