Help on boosting possible sale of PS2

qwikstreet

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I might sell off my PS2 to cover funds to start up a 360 collection. I have about 12 games right now with other accessories. I was wondering if I should take advantage of Gamestops B2G1 Free weekend and grab some cheapass titles like State of Emergency and XIII in hopes to raise private sell value.

Is it worth the aggravtion of paying S&H and gambling on if I sell it or if it sells?

Wasnt there an offer for $100 for a PS2 trade-in with some accessories as well at Gamestop? I havnt yet looked for the link though.

Unless you find mint complete copies of titles like MVC2 you wont raise resale value.

I have no idea what your second question is asking. What aggravation is there from paying S&H and what gamble are you taking if you get it to sell?

Honestly this thread was completely pointless. Just look up how much gamestop sells the games you are looking for and the resale value on ebay and amazon if you wanna join the market of reselling.

Aggravation being either pay for S&H or going to the mall and try to find certain games. Aggravation being if I order online, my box will sit on the front porch all day since no one is home.

Gamble being if I don't sell the system, now I'm stuck with games I'll never play.

I saw the $100 trade in deal at GS but I don't have the extra cash to pony up for whichever.

*I may just end up getting EyeToy Games since the kids like Play.

Chances of finding stuff at gamestop in resellable condition is very very slim, hardly worth the trouble for any of the rare ps2 titles. Obviously you have no idea what the word aggravation means so please stop using that word. Games will always sell, it's just the selling price that may have to change. People will always buy it if it is cheap enough.
Thread is still pointless and I don't see how you can't afford $40 bucks to add for a DS Lite yet have the money to buy games to resale since you seem to think that gamestop sells games for dirt cheap and that you can use this to resale games for profit.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Chances of finding stuff at gamestop in resellable condition is very very slim, hardly worth the trouble for any of the rare ps2 titles. Obviously you have no idea what the word aggravation means so please stop using that word. Games will always sell, it's just the selling price that may have to change. People will always buy it if it is cheap enough.
Thread is still pointless and I don't see how you can't afford $40 bucks to add for a DS Lite yet have the money to buy games to resale since you seem to think that gamestop sells games for dirt cheap and that you can use this to resale games for profit.[/QUOTE]

Stop being a douchebag and either help the guy out by answering his questions or just don't fucking post.

[quote name='Cmosfm']Stop being a douchebag and either help the guy out by answering his questions or just don't fucking post.[/quote]

ROFL!!!!!!!!! So true. But seriously... I eBayed my PS2 fat with network adapter, HDD, FFXI, GTA:SA, MLB 07 and a 8MB card for 121.00. That wasn't including the S&H. Good luck.

muhsheesuh is right about finding games in good condition that are used for PS2 at Gamestop. (you may get lucky but most used games are scrathed, incomplete etc)
He could have been more polite however as this is a friendly community.

I would try Craigslist or Ebay with what you have. Good luck fellow CAG!

Wow, you really got dumped on there.

My 2Cents:
Adding games to a console won't really help unless they're new releases like Lego: Batman or classics like Shadow of the Colossus. Filler like State Of Emergency would add maybe $1 per title to the buyer's mental image of the total package value.

Vasco: your package might have sold so high because of the network adapter and HDD. It has something to do with something that we don't speak about on CAG and that I honestly have no idea about.

[quote name='EdEddandEdge']
He could have been more polite however as this is a friendly community.
[/quote]

Friendly community? Since when? This site is turning into a mini SD/FW lately, if you ask me, where if you're not willing to pay 'Ebay price' on someones games they may have bought uber cheap on clearance, you won't even get a response to a PM.

However, enough of that, here's my piece of advice:

People on Craigslist are looking for a CHEAP deal, so you won't get someone wanting a PS2 with some cheap games they could get from Gamestop and have a seven day return on for much more than the market will be willing to bear.

That is to say, check Craigslist in your area for PS2's and bundles, find the average price between all of the bundles. That is your selling price. Asking $100 or more for a PS2 though, when someone could spend another $30 at retail and get a new one will be looked down upon unfortunately.

I had my 50001 model PS2 up on CL for forever at the price of about $80-90, with NO bites whatsoever. Yet, as soon as I lowered it to $65, I had some soccer mom e-mailing me like crazy. I asked her why $80-90 was no good, but $65 was? Her answer was that she was looking for something for her kids to play on the cheap.

I currently have my sealed PStwo slim with 3 extra controllers and a multitap sitting on CL rotting away, since no one wants it at $130 or whatever I priced it at. People are cheap fuckers(as evidenced by the popularity of sites like CAG, SD and FW)and if you overprice stuff, they'll just pass you by.

Who honestly wants to pay for overpriced stuff? Your argument/complaint is flawed. $80-90 is above market value for a used ps2 slim and $15 bucks is kind of a big deal since that alone is like 20% of the price and enough for a game.

[quote name='muhsheesuh']Who honestly wants to pay for overpriced stuff? Your argument/complaint is flawed. $80-90 is above market value for a used ps2 slim and $15 bucks is kind of a big deal since that alone is like 20% of the price and enough for a game.[/quote]

The PS2 I sold(to Gamestop in the end unfortunately) was one of the last fat models which had 'other' uses with a HDD and network adapter, so that alone made ME feel that the system was worth more than $30. Unfortunately, the soccer moms and resellers who flood CL didn't think so and I received maybe ONE offer for it(for $55-60).

The only reasons I sold it to Gamestop was because they had the $20 extra promo going on at the time, plus I had only paid about $15 for it after trading in a slim that I paid nothing for(thanks to double rebates from the store I got it from). Otherwise, I would've let it rot in my closet forever than sell it for next to nothing.

Mind you, I've had some other experiences with people on CL, namely someone who bought 2 of my Xbox and PS2 games(DMC boxset being one of them) for my actual asking price without wanting to 'haggle'. So, there are some great buyers out there who know that stuff that's been taken care of SHOULD be worth more and will pay the added price for such items.

Heck, earlier this year I sold 98 games and 2 cheat discs to a fellow CAG for $450 shipped, which was 2x what a local shop was offering me. Mind you, there were some gems in there(Dark Alliance 2 for Xbox, ALL of the Silent Hill games, Futurama for Xbox), but most of them I got on clearance for $2-5 each.

It all depends on where you sell it and how you try to sell it, but judging from the pics many sellers on CL provide with their systems, I wouldn't touch most with a 10 foot pole since they look(and probably run) like shit.

Those are worth the piddily amounts, but only for flipping to GS during their promos.

bread's done
Back