Help on PS3 80GB price...

djneked

CAGiversary!
I have an opportunity to buy a used PS3 from someone, but after looking a bit through ads and amazon and google and other random sites, I'm thinking of paying about 250.
Here's the scoop:

PS 3 80GB
Played litterally on 3 times.
One Wireless controller with cord to plug to ps3
all wires related to the system.

By buying the system, I'll be getting 3 games along with it... the games don't matter in the price, cause he said he'd just toss them in free.

He doesn't want to charge the highest price, nor the lowest. So what does everyone think?
The only other thing I'm thinking here is that the price of a regular ps3 80gb might go down a bit as we get closer to the holidays, and bigger size harddrives are released with the system, as well as the new move equipment. So my hangup on this one is that if I pay 250, am I gonna regret it later?

Well, being the nature of electronics, I'm sure the price of the 80GB PS3 will go down so it's your call. I'd inspect the system, make sure it has the warranty tag, etc. Is this the partial BC with 4 USB ports and card readers? I'd offer $225 and see if he goes down a little. It's worth a shot. If it only has 2 USB ports, then it would definitely go for less since it's missing some good features.

Ultimately, it all depends on if you want to be like a giddy little boy in front of the TV, again, aiming at the baddies "Pew! Pew! Pew!" :lol:

$250 seems a bit steep for a used console, even if only used a few times. You can get a new console with a warranty for $300. You can pick up most used games for between $20-$40 depending on the title.

I would recommend a new one with a warranty because these things develop problems even when new. I have a 250G purchased in January that has problems with wireless connection and "blinks" sometimes during games. Also, the 80G CECHL01 non-backwards compatible model has a tendency to overheat because the heat sink is located below the bluray drive.

I peronally would not spend over $200 on a used non-Slim PS3. If you look on Criagslist, you should be able to find a 120GB Slim with a couple games and a second controller for around $300, or maybe less. That's probably your best bet...

I got mine with 2 controllers for basically $190 after I sold off the games I got with it...

awesome. Thanks for the input guys. I'm typically more of a Nintendo Fan boy and a little bit of an xbox player. The PS3 is mainly for the girlfriend(surprisingly) who wants the blueray part of it. But I'm not about to go and waste money unless I'm getting EVERYTHING. Cause when you get right down to it... I'm a gamer at my core.

i remember buying my used ps3(40gb) off ebay
good condition with cosmetic blemishes
controller and cables
I paid around $225 with shipping, this was 1 year ago.
so yea..

bread's done
Back