Help? Paypal Renege...

Marion517

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
So, I had purchased the Mana Khemia bundle that was cute back in March. Then I started playing Persona 3, and didn't touch it. I was hoping to get some money for CC bills over the holiday, and put it up for auction on Ebay.

The buyer was Aaron Clifton of Bridgewater VA. Mr. Clifton, if you're reading this, pay me?

Anyways, payment took a couple of days, and I received it while I was visiting my cousin, who has since shipped out. I wasn't about to miss seeing her one last time, but I didn't want to be a bad seller, especially since the buyer had mentioned getting the game for his wife for X-mas. Once the 'payment received' email came in, I had my brother post the game.

Two days later, Paypal notifies me that the account was closed. I emailed and Mr. Clifton, and he assures me that this has never happened before, and he'll repost the money soon. This was just before New Years.

Never happens, and now I'm calling and emailing almost daily. Is there someway to force payment on Paypal? (or perhaps some intrepid Bridgewater CAGers could perhaps knock on a door?)

Any suggestions?

I did not. I filed one with ebay, but that only refund fees. When reporting with paypal, they are having only two options- I did not receive my item, or I did not authorize a transaction. I wasn't sure which, if any, would apply here.

Thanks for your comment, Mike. Do you know of a different way to file a complaint, or am I doing it wrong?

No way to force payment. Only thing at this point you can do right now is probably just file your dispute, get your fees back, and then relist the item. Paypal can not force the buyer to make the payment.

You're pretty much screwed then. I mean you can file the dispute and get this guys account suspended, but thats the most you can do since you already sent the item.

bread's done
Back