Help! Problem with eBay buyer and return

shinclyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Sold a broken led from iPhone 6 plus for parts on April 25, but by mistake listed it as iphone6s lcd.

After the buyer received the part he notified me about the mistake.

I offered a partial refund and he could keep the part, or full refund and he ship the part back, he took the partial refund.

Fast forward to June 16, buyer says the part is not working and wants me to pay return shipping and full refund.

I said he pays shipping and after inspection I can issue a refund for the rest of the payment.

He disagrees and opened a return request, can he force me to issue a full refund even after partial refund has been issued?

Thanks for the time and help fellow cats!

I have no idea, but if I got the wrong item because you listed it wrong or it was defective and you expected me to pay return shipping, I would open a dispute too. There's no way I would be willing to eat any money on something like that.

I bought it assuming it was x product that worked. I gots y product. I should be able to return it at no cost to me.

I bought x product and it didn't work. Again, that should be at no cost to me.

Getting a partial refund and then trying to get a complete one on top of it is another story. They are basically trying to double dip if I understand correctly and get more than they paid.

Did all communication about the item take place through PayPal or eBay's systems? Can you forward those communications? Do you have the transaction number where you issued a partial refund?

Issue resolved, but I offered only the partial refund to complete a full refund with what was refunded before.

After buyer paid return shipping, all was good.

I acepted the responsability for the initial mixup by offering a partial refund as compensation (I did offered a full refund including return shipping, buyer wanted to keep the item at the time.

bread's done
Back