Help Remembering an Old Commodore 64 or PC Game

willardhaven

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
I am trying to remember the name of a pretty neat game I played as a kid. You started off in Europe buying supplies, weapons and such. You then sailed around looking for new land. You would have to fight off natives when you landed in new places too.

Anybody have a an idea of what game it is?

[quote name='gamehunter73737']oooooooh, Seven Cities of Gold, I remember. It was very fun. Do anyone still own a Commodore 64 or 128.?
[/QUOTE]

I own both :)

Well I usually play the C128 in C64 mode

A few of my all time favorite games are The Magic Candle and Mercenary.

Some games I still have fun playing are Impossible Mission, Spy Vs Spy, Transformers, GI Joe, Hot Wheels, Save New York, Road Runner, Summer Games, Manchester United, among others

Loved GI Joe and Transformers for the C64.

Could never get my copy of Mail Order Monsters to work right.

Man I wish I could play those and Airborne Ranger again.

Did anyone ever play Modem Wars? It was the first game I ever played over a modem. We had endless, endless fun playing that one.

ANd M.U.L.E. We played that one endlessly as well. Four of us crammed around the monitor. Total blast.

I remember Modem Wars and MULE. I also played Seven Cities of Gold, and Mail Order Monsters. I wish Commodore 64 was a platform on the system, so we could add and trade our Commodore games. I have quite a stack to unload, and several I'd like to get.

[quote name='chronodev']I own both :)[/QUOTE]

The question is "does it still works?" .. hehe

I have a C64 with the tape desk that still works .. anyone played a game called H.E.R.O.? or BeachHeads? Man those games are awesome!

Heh, now that I think of it, I used to trade C64 games at school like there were baseball cards and didnt even think twice about it. Piracy, it was fun back in the day. ^_^

I played HERO and Beach Head. Beach Head II was even better, imho. The voice clips were hilarious. I remember you had to protect a guy who would walk across the screen, using your turret and blowing up tanks that were trying to run him over. If they got to him it was horribly graphic, he would scream while being crushed. Awesome.

[quote name='castlemaniablog']I played HERO and Beach Head. Beach Head II was even better, imho. The voice clips were hilarious. I remember you had to protect a guy who would walk across the screen, using your turret and blowing up tanks that were trying to run him over. If they got to him it was horribly graphic, he would scream while being crushed. Awesome.[/QUOTE]

Oh yes .. that one too, very awesome .. or when you play against another laying mines against the tanks and knocking off advancing infantry with your turret. I got to dig that game up and shoot some youtube of it for the one who never experienced a great C64 game

Ah yes, I have such fond memories of my c-64 days.. Some of my favorites were Impossible Mission, Airborne Ranger, and remember the game ARCHON??! That was probably my most fave, but also Yie Ar Kung Fu, Bard's Tale!!

adios, topsy

bread's done
Back