help selecting a class for upcoming semester

guyver2077

CAGiversary!
Feedback
6 (100%)
ok well i work full time so im trying to atleast tkae 3 classes. im just starting out. im taking a math and english class and thats 7 credits allready. im trying to choose a 3rd that will fall under the aa requirement. im thinking about a science.

i dont want anything too hard. which one would you ppl recommend??

intro to psychology
intro to sociology
human growth and development
intro to cultural anthropology
individual of personal effectiveness

[quote name='guyver2077']ok well i work full time so im trying to atleast tkae 3 classes. im just starting out. im taking a math and english class and thats 7 credits allready. im trying to choose a 3rd that will fall under the aa requirement. im thinking about a science.

i dont want anything too hard. which one would you ppl recommend??

intro to psychology
intro to sociology
intro to cultural anthropology
individual of personal effectiveness[/quote]

I don't know how your school works, but at my old school (UC Santa Cruz) I took intro to psych, and cultural anthro and Cultural Anthro was quite possibly the worst class I had ever taken. The subject matter simply wasn't valid, it was all B.S (not that most college class AREN'T B.S, but this one was really bad). Intro to pysch was aight, but it was a tad more challenging then I wanted at the time. Intro to sociology was supposed to be easy, I have no clue what the last class you named is.

intro to psychology
intro to sociology

All these are kewl, I think. But then again, it all depends on what your interested in.

I don't know if your school has this but in the school I attend there are teacher evaluations that are done by students near the end of each semester. Two sheets; a scantron sheet and a comment sheet. All the data is put into either a large book thingy or online. If you have this sort of thing, I suggest you ask around for something similar.

Usually the difficulty of the class depends on the professor who teaches it.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

http://www.ratemyprofessors.com/[/quote]
:lol: I know I've posted more than a few comments on this site before.[/quote]

I wish I'd have known about it BEFORE I graduated, would have saved me some time and effort.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

I wish I'd have known about it BEFORE I graduated, would have saved me some time and effort.[/quote]
I wanted to tell one of my teachers so bad about this website, but I didn't. This chick needs a wake-up call, though. She's terrible...

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

I wish I'd have known about it BEFORE I graduated, would have saved me some time and effort.[/quote]
I wanted to tell one of my teachers so bad about this website, but I didn't. This chick needs a wake-up call, though. She's terrible...[/quote]

If you guys fill out little coment sheets afterwards you should have wrote something like "check out www.ratemyprofessors.com for a surprise bitch!"

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

I wanted to tell one of my teachers so bad about this website, but I didn't. This chick needs a wake-up call, though. She's terrible...[/quote]

If you guys fill out little coment sheets afterwards you should have wrote something like "check out www.ratemyprofessors.com for a surprise bitch!"[/quote]
I'm one step ahead of you brother. It's already been done. Not to said chick, but another one of my professors.

[quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

If you guys fill out little coment sheets afterwards you should have wrote something like "check out www.ratemyprofessors.com for a surprise bitch!"[/quote]
I'm one step ahead of you brother. It's already been done. Not to said chick, but another one of my professors.[/quote]

Excellent!

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='dnt_h8me2'][quote name='jimbodan']might wanna check out this site too

I'm one step ahead of you brother. It's already been done. Not to said chick, but another one of my professors.[/quote]

Excellent![/quote]
Great minds think alike. :wink:

Definitely check out ratemyprofessor.com -- not only will it tell you which professors to take, but it can give you a good outlook on the actual classes, too. Also, ask around on campus and see what people think. They'll know better than us how your particular school teaches each class.

Also, it's a longshot, but maybe there's somewhere online more local that has suggestions. For example, my school has a student-run website for selling books to each other, and it also has a course-rating/professor-ratings portion to it. If you're lucky maybe you have one too.

I took psych, soc, and anthro in my day, and I'd rate them in that order from hardest to easiest. As someone above said, Anthro is complete BS, but it's super easy. Sociology was the most interesting in my opinion.

I majored in Psych, so I'll recommend Intro to Psych (surprise). You'll get the basics and background of psychology. Interesting and easy.

[quote name='iheartmetal']intro to sociology will be so easy, unless you have a learning disability it should be cake[/quote]

that is good to know. Next semester the only problem I see having is waking up early

bread's done
Back