HELP! "The disc could not be read"

arcadia67

CAGiversary!
Hello and Happy Holidays!

I have a problem....I tried to play "Need for Speed: Underground Rivals" and I keep getting the error message "The disc could not be read". Now, I've owned this game for awhile and have played it before with no problem. But now all of a sudden I'm getting this message...

The battery is fully charged, and my other games work fine....

Has anyone had this happen to them? Does anyone know what I can do?

Thank you...

Thanks for your response...

But no, the disc looks perfectly fine. Doesnt look dirty or scratched at alll...

Just had a issue like this. A game I've played a few times wouldn't load; cleaned it, still nothing.

My cousin had just used it the day before and it worked.

Looking real close I saw the clear plastic window was slightly, and I mean slightly, pushed in. It was just enough so that the disc would not spin or dragged as it did.

I took a eyeglass screwdriver (flat head), slowly poped open the plastic housing around the disc, there is a nice notch opposite the side of the opening to start everything.

Took the disk out, by placing a clean microfiber cloth over it and turning it over (not touching it), adjusting the plastic window and then reassembled (just snaps together)

Game is working once again.

I am very surpised at how easy this was and will use this method to clean any preplayed games that are nasty.

GTMaster and Onapartyrock,

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to both of you for your help!

I actually attempted both of your suggestions....bought the UMD cleaner at EBGames....but before I opened it I thought I'd try Onapartyrock's suggestion. Basically I popped the plastic casing open and then re-popped it back in place. Didnt clean it or anything as I was suddenly afraid I'd make things worse. Anyway, I put it back in the PSP...and to my surprise it works fine now! Not entirely sure why...but whatever...

Anyway, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time to help me!

my suggestion would have been to get it hooked on phonics. Not being able to read is nothing to be embarrassed about

[quote name='jlarlee']my suggestion would have been to get it hooked on phonics. Not being able to read is nothing to be embarrassed about[/QUOTE]

It took me three reads to figure that out.... man, I am having a slow brain day. Good one.

I got the same read error today. It happened with Tekken, but my other games work fine.

Got home, tried Tekken again a few hours later, it still won't read.. I try some other games I was playing earlier, and now none of my games work!!

Hopefully my laser didnt die. I'll try using the UMD cleaner and the cleaning suggestions abive, but I suspect it's the laser. Are there any cleaners for the laser?

bread's done
Back