help, vent server question

sinned47

CAGiversary!
Feedback
34 (100%)
i've been having a bit of trouble with my vent server. so i run a 8 person vent server for me and my friends on my desktop computer without any problems. i have also port forwarded the 3784 (or something) port. my desktop is connected to my router through ethernet.

now i turned off my vent server on my desktop and i want to create a vent server on my laptop. i do so and give my friends the same external ip address provided by the ISP. i keep the settings the same (ie: voice codec, etc). and ultimately no one can connect to the server except me of course.

what is going on here? is it because i am forwarding the port for my desktop? i have tried to google this but i cant find any searches that provides me with an answer.

You have to forward the port per computer, because people who come in through your router on 3784 are then redirected to your desktop PC. You need to change that to reroute them to your laptop.

just tried that. i foward all my vent ports to my laptop. no luck there. then i disabled all my forwards and still no dice. :[

It's most likely one of those 2 issues mentioned above, different internal IP or a software firewall.

Can you set a static ip for the laptop in your router? Keep in mind the wireless card and ethernet port will get different internal IPs via the router if dynamically assigned, pick one to connect with and stick with it.

Also either disable the software firewall in the laptop (your third party firewall or the built-in windows firewall) or allow the firewall to give access to the ventrilo SERVER (both tcp and udp).

Check to see if you're connected to your router via Home/Private configuration in Windows, the "Public" designation is more strict and might be blocking incoming connections possibly.

bread's done
Back