Help w/ SNES

wolverinefactor

CAGiversary!
Feedback
175 (100%)
Hi guys. I haven't played my SNES in a number of years. Finally bought a power adaptor thing and went to play something. I hooked the cords up (using my gcn cord with is the red/yellow/white) and I got a black screen. I then tried the one with my N64 and that one plugs into the round thing on the back and still got the black screen.

So um.... Any tips? Am I doing somethign wrong or is my snes dead? The power light does turn on.

First check the game. As that is what happens when the cartridge is dirty or what not. Clean the contacts on the game, what works really well are achocol based cleaing wipes, the ones for glasses are great. After that insert the game and take it out and wipe it once more and check if you wiped any dirt as it could mean that your contacts in the SNES are filthy too. If they are then keep inserting and cleaning the cartrigde to clean it. Then try it.

I've tried 2 different wires.

I did notice that the inside of the snes was dirty so I cleaned that and I got a couple games to load but I had to push them towards the backof the snes when they were in for it to register. Most games just didn't work....

Any tips or is it time to hit Ebay?

If you have a chain pawn shop called Cash Converters, check there. Not once have I ever walked into one the like 6 in my area and not seen an SNES for about 15 bucks

make sure you have the game pushed straight down... I had a used SNES system that you had to really make sure you didnt slant the cart when you put it in otherwise youd just get a black screen.

bread's done
Back