HELP!! Winning a girl back

XxpocketgrenadexX

CAG Veteran
This is the only place I think I can get a good answer on this. I recently broke up with my girlfriend. ITs been a few weeks, and I want her back. Im pretty sure she still wants me- shes kept all my clothes and we went out for a year (a lot of love there). I wrote a letter for her telling her that I love her, and i'm planning to stand outside her window with my boombox like John Cusack, and tell her i want to be back together. Should I do this or not? I need help from the CAGs.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX']This is the only place I think I can get a good answer on this.[/QUOTE]

That was your first mistake, most of us have never seen a real live girl unless she waiting on us at a Best Buy.

[quote name='ajh2298']That was your first mistake, most of us have never seen a real live girl unless she waiting on us at a Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

good point

[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX'] I wrote a lette for her telling her that I love her, and i'm planning to stand outside her window with my boombox [/QUOTE]

terrible idea. unless you record it and post it here.

I think there are a few questions to be asked here.

1. Why did you break up with her in the 1st place
and
2. Do you really want her back or are you just longing for something familiar. Afraid to move on.

You have to take a look at that and figure out what you really want. Don't get into this make up/break up bullshit. It gets neither of you anywhere except a bad relationship and years of regret. If the break up was over something stupid (like she didn't put the ketchup back in the fridge or some shit) then I can understand it. The only other thing I'll say now is don't fuck with her emotions.

Win her back? wtf? Is there some sort of dance contest she's putting on for you?

1. Why'd you go out in the first place?
2. Why'd you break up?

If #1 still means something and #2 does not, then you can perhaps go to her place and knock on the door, and when she answers you can proceed to talk to her about your relationship and where you want it to be and see if she feels the same way. If she doesn't answer the door then consider that your answer and get a new hobby and/or find a new relationship.

The end.

Girls are like condoms. You shouldn't reuse ones that have been thrown away. They're gone for a reason.

Also; new girls > old ones. Unless your old one was Jessica Alba. In which case don't get back w/ her anyways because it's my turn.

it's pretty normal to want to be with the person you recently broke up with, especially when it lasted long enough for strong feelings to develop.
But usually people break up for a good reason, it may be hard- downright impossible- to remember or defend that reason now, but it probably was good.
If it involved one or both of you lying, cheating or abusing the other person, then no matter what you or she feels now, you have to resist getting back together.
Shortterm gain never is worth longterm pain.

Now if you broke up for reasons that truly aren't serious problems, you don't have to do something gimmicky to win her back, just ask for the chance to sit down and talk with her. Explain yourself and how you feel, why you broke up and why you should be together. If the feelings were strong to begin with and she feels the same way you do, you shouldn't have to trick her with some show to start the relationship again.
But have a reason to be together again aside from easing the pain of having broken up. And make sure you are being honest with yourself about that reason to be together.

im gonna assume youre a white guy since if you were black youd just say you needed help trying to win your gf back. heres some advice movie shit dont work in the real world youre only going to end up looking stupid and making an ass out of yourself in public. not to mention where the fuck are you gonna get a boombox its 2009 not 1980.

i think you need to explain wtf you did or what happened to cause her to kick you to the curb before anyone can truly help you out because i get the feeling something happened that youre glossing over and not being honest with. if you said or did something stupid then just apologize and kiss ass till its better.

whoops my bad op i missread the message as winning a black girl back. ignore the that section but embrace the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Magehart']Girls are like condoms. You shouldn't reuse ones that have been thrown away. They're gone for a reason.

Also; new girls > old ones. Unless your old one was Jessica Alba. In which case don't get back w/ her anyways because it's my turn.[/QUOTE]

Wow. Such words of wisdom. Go with this.

[quote name='lokizz']im gonna assume youre a white guy since if you were black youd just say you needed help trying to win your gf back. heres some advice movie shit dont work in the real world youre only going to end up looking stupid and making an ass out of yourself in public. not to mention where the fuck are you gonna get a boombox its 2009 not 1980.

i think you need to explain wtf you did or what happened to cause her to kick you to the curb before anyone can truly help you out because i get the feeling something happened that youre glossing over and not being honest with. if you said or did something stupid then just apologize and kiss ass till its better.[/QUOTE]

You mean you DON'T have a boombox? Everyone has a BOOMBOX.

I think its time to add some important information.
1. I broke up with her
2. She's the kinda of girl that likes gimmicky or mushy things
3. I broke up with her because she felt like I didn't care anymore (confusing I know)
4. All of my friends that are girls that I've asked about this think its a good idea. -Just some perspective-
5. I have a boombox

[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX']This is the only place I think I can get a good answer on this. I recently broke up with my girlfriend. ITs been a few weeks, and I want her back. Im pretty sure she still wants me- shes kept all my clothes and we went out for a year (a lot of love there). I wrote a lette for her telling her that I love her, and i'm planning to stand outside her window with my boombox like John Cusack, and tell her i want to be back together. Should I do this or not? I need help from the CAGs.[/QUOTE]
If my ex bf did that to me, I'd be embarrassed.

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']If my ex bf did that to me, I'd be embarrassed.[/QUOTE]

Agreed- there's gimmicky, and there's public embarassment. Unless that happens to be one of her favorite movie scenes, do something more personal... go with the letter, explain excactly how you feel (great chance to be properly mushy there), and say a time/place to meet you if she wants to work things out. Get a rose... a SINGLE rose, not a bouquet (it's better and costs less), and wait. Pick somewhere you can work out your feelings if she doesn't show (read: get wasted.)

First and foremost- you think it through and decide if you really do care... I mean really, a girl says "I don't think you care anymore" and you break up? That does not say 'I care', y'know... that fact that it was your first reaction could mean something.

You might have a boombox, but do you have an 80's trenchcoat and finger-less gloves? 'Cos odds are it won't work without the full get-up.

And oh, yeah, when you do get back with her make sure to stick it in her pooper.

Just ask her if you can "stick it in her pooper." That seems to be the overwhelming response when trying to get a girl here, so I don't see why that wouldn't work when trying to get one back.

Do a mating dance to woo her.

img-thing

[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX']I think its time to add some important information.
1. I broke up with her
Would you have preferred the other way around?
SOP (Standard Operating Procedure) for women, in other words it's just something you have to learn to live with.
3. I broke up with her because she felt like I didn't care anymore (confusing I know)
SOP for men; we have trouble expressing our emotions, in other words it's just something she needs to learn to live with.
4. All of my friends that are girls that I've asked about this think its a good idea. -Just some perspective-
Women are catty and will just as easily defend another women then immediately talk bad about them behind their back. Oddly, they mean well.
(Remember what Dave Chappelle said "Chivalry is dead...and women killed it".)
5. I have a boombox
How old are you? How about embedding a youtube clip from "Say Anything" on her Facebook page or something. Yes, your heart is in the right place, but you shouldn't risk being an video clip that is viewed all around the world!!!

Save yourself some trouble. Text her to ask if she would like to meet for lunch and ask if she would bring your stuff with her to give back (if you have things of hers, then you should bring them, too). The reason why you are meeting for lunch is NOT food, but to talk things through, hopefully peacefully. If it doesn't go as planned, LET HER GO!!! And whatever the hell you do, don't try to force her or bend her to your will -- that's just asking for the wrong type of trouble.#-o
There are 6.9 billion + people on this Earth. Thankfully, around half of them are women and half of those are available, etc., etc., etc.

Either way, you'll be fine no matter what happens. It's not the end of the world nor the end of yours.
[/QUOTE]
:grouphug:

[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX']4. All of my friends that are girls that I've asked about this think its a good idea. -Just some perspective-[/QUOTE]

Relying on women for serious dating advice is about one of the most common mistakes you can make. I noticed that you qualified this with "All of my friends that are girls" - there's a reason for the disparity. Women may give good adivice to women. But for you the guys are speaking from experience and most women will just be speaking from whatever Hollywood romantic comedy they saw last.

[quote name='OnyxPrimal']I think there are a few questions to be asked here.

1. Why did you break up with her in the 1st place
and
2. Do you really want her back or are you just longing for something familiar. Afraid to move on.

You have to take a look at that and figure out what you really want. Don't get into this make up/break up bullshit. It gets neither of you anywhere except a bad relationship and years of regret. If the break up was over something stupid (like she didn't put the ketchup back in the fridge or some shit) then I can understand it. The only other thing I'll say now is don't fuck with her emotions.[/QUOTE]

this is good advice.

[quote name='SpazX']Win her back? wtf? Is there some sort of dance contest she's putting on for you?

1. Why'd you go out in the first place?
2. Why'd you break up?

If #1 still means something and #2 does not, then you can perhaps go to her place and knock on the door, and when she answers you can proceed to talk to her about your relationship and where you want it to be and see if she feels the same way. If she doesn't answer the door then consider that your answer and get a new hobby and/or find a new relationship.

The end.[/QUOTE]

this is also good advice.

[quote name='Magehart']Girls are like condoms. You shouldn't reuse ones that have been thrown away. They're gone for a reason.

Also; new girls > old ones. Unless your old one was Jessica Alba. In which case don't get back w/ her anyways because it's my turn.[/QUOTE]

this may or may not be good advice, depending on the questions above.

[quote name='XxpocketgrenadexX']I think its time to add some important information.
1. I broke up with her
5. I have a boombox[/QUOTE]

why the hell do you have a boom box?!

[quote name='slickkill77']Just ask her if you can "stick it in her pooper." That seems to be the overwhelming response when trying to get a girl here, so I don't see why that wouldn't work when trying to get one back.[/QUOTE]

if she were a CAG, this would be good advice.

[quote name='camoor']Relying on women for serious dating advice is about one of the most common mistakes you can make. I noticed that you qualified this with "All of my friends that are girls" - there's a reason for the disparity. Women may give good adivice to women. But for you the guys are speaking from experience and most women will just be speaking from whatever Hollywood romantic comedy they saw last.[/QUOTE]

this is the best advice here. chicks are catty when it comes to other chicks. some of your female friends might have secret romantic ideas about you and not want to see you back with your ex. you can't trust chicks. and i'm a chick, i know this. then again, if CorrosiveFrost broke up with me and tried to get back together by asking if he could stick it in my pooper, it would probably work (getting back together, not sticking it in my pooper) so that gives you some perspective.

Here is a list of things I do to win chicks back after I kicked them to the curb.
1. Sometimes I call up in the middle of the night and just breathe kind of heavy into the phone. I usually don't have to say anything, the breathing is enough.

2. I make these neat letters out of construction paper, where I cut all the letters out and paste them down. I've even used pictures and photos for a real cool story board type of message. This usually generates a pretty good response cause I don't leave my name. So expect her to start calling you.

3. I might borrow a friends car and sit outside her house just admiring her from afar. Maybe even follow her to work and home to make sure she gets there safely. So she knows I care.

Wait this is the wrong list...

Dont be that fuckin guy.

Do this instead....

Invite her out to dinner to tie up loose ends and swap each other's stuff yall still have. Woo her back during dinner (while boozing her up) and go back to her place and start with the make up sex. While hitting it from behind be sure to play with her pooper a little and get it nice and lubed/relaxed. About 10 seconds before you cum (about 20 seconds after you start) shove your junk in her brown eye and as you give her a semenema scream her mother's name. Pull out, grab your shit and get the fuck outta dodge.

Okay, guy. Here's a serious answer, although I do like the mating dance idea.

You broke up with her because she felt that you don't care anymore, so obviously she was/is more into you than you were her. So you have to ask yourself if you REALLY want to get back together with her. I say this because if you do, you're going to have to commit to her ten fold, because she's already seen that you can be an ass, so she's going to be on the defense for most of the relationship.

You're going to have to be uber-sensitive to what she's feeling, wants to do, etc. Because if you break up with her for a second time, I'm pretty sure she'll want to use your skin as a lampshade and will never, ever take you back.

So the options are:

1. Try and win her back only to have her always questioning you for the rest of your relationship. But if she's the type of girl that likes to hang out with your friends, is social and all that junk, then it'll be easier than you think to make her happy. Just LISTEN and TALK to her. But if she's more of a loner, than you'll be spending your nights watching movies with her distrusting eyes watching your every move!

OR

2. Do something really nice for her, but only as an apology for being an ass and breaking up with her only to confirm in her mind that you really don't care anymore. Say that she's still important as a friend and hope that you can save the friendship at least. Then, as you guys are friends, and something sparks back up, it's a little more natural than standing in her front yard and expecting a movie script ending (as Death Cab plays in my head).

Maybe that's not the right answer for your situation, but I've been through enough relationships to see one that might not be the best idea to fix. Especially if your friends don't think it's a good idea, she'll be pissed all the time. It's better just to save the friendship and laugh about it later...maybe...unless you're a lampshade.

[quote name='Malik112099']Dont be that fuckin guy.

Do this instead....

Invite her out to dinner to tie up loose ends and swap each other's stuff yall still have. Woo her back during dinner (while boozing her up) and go back to her place and start with the make up sex. While hitting it from behind be sure to play with her pooper a little and get it nice and lubed/relaxed. About 10 seconds before you cum (about 20 seconds after you start) shove your junk in her brown eye and as you give her a semenema scream her mother's name. Pull out, grab your shit and get the fuck outta dodge.[/QUOTE]You are an idiot.

[quote name='tiredfornow']You are an idiot.[/QUOTE]

Im a guy making shit up on the internet. You and the OP are in a close race for the idiot title.

[quote name='slickkill77']Just ask her if you can "stick it in her pooper." That seems to be the overwhelming response when trying to get a girl here, so I don't see why that wouldn't work when trying to get one back.[/QUOTE]

While we're at it, how is this thread at page 3 and no one has asked for "pics"?

I think any topic having to do with GF/Wives/Mistresses/Friends that are girls should always, always include pictures. If it isn't internet law yet, it should be.

bread's done
Back