Help with a scratched game

SuxoR

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Hey guys I have a copy of Call of Duty 4 (not MW2) but it's pretty scratched, some maps do not play while others do....this basically prevents me from playing online at all because of map rotations and such.
I was wondering if it's possible to use a friends copy of the game and install it on my hard drive and use my disc to actually play the game, will it still not play the maps?

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated!

[quote name='SuxoR']Hey guys I have a copy of Call of Duty 4 (not MW2) but it's pretty scratched, some maps do not play while others do....this basically prevents me from playing online at all because of map rotations and such.
I was wondering if it's possible to use a friends copy of the game and install it on my hard drive and use my disc to actually play the game, will it still not play the maps?

Any help or tips is greatly appreciated![/QUOTE]

If you have a hollywood video around you, they can resurface/buff for a dollar, always worked for me.

If yours starts up then you can do the install trick ... at least I would imagine you can. Grab a buddies and install it to the hard drive and check it out. All your disc would need to do is show the xbox it's in there at that point. Hope you have space :D

Install trick should work. If not, you might get yourself some Novus 1, or even Novus 2. The former is a plastic cleaner and while it isn't going to remove the scratches, you may find that all the disc really needs is a good cleaning, more then just water can do. I used Novus 1 on my copy of Wii Sports Resort which had become problematic (getting can't read disc errors) and it made it work good as new. A friend of mine had recommended Novus 1 so I tried it since I had some. The scratches are still visible, but they aren't a problem now and the disc works great again. Novus 1 is a plastic cleaner commonly used to clean pinball machine playfields (even though not plastic), which is why I had a bottle of it. You can buy Novus from amazon and it's eligible for FSSS. $5 shipped:

http://www.amazon.com/Novus-1-Plastic-Clean-Shine/dp/B000FGLRC4/

If that doesn't do the trick, you could try Novus 2, which is a light scratch remover for plastic. Note: I haven't tried this yet, as Novus 1 worked for my disc. Using a scratch remover, even a light one, sounds a tad dangerous, though, so I'd call it a last resort. If you go that route, I'd suggest taking baby steps.

bread's done
Back