Help with buying DS Lite/Brain Age 2 Bundle

rcx4

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
My fellow CAGers,

I need help in finding the best deal for the DS Lite/Brain Age 2 bundle. [Its the black/red DS lite with free carrying case].. I'm leaning either towards using the $15 off $100 purchase at CC, or the $40 off $200 purchase at CC, or the 15% off any single item from TRU.

[if only the coupons aren't expired].

Help is much appreciated.

[quote name='rcx4']is the DS lite considered 'video game hardware'?[/quote]

I believe so.

Off of the top of my head, the best "deal" I can think of would just be ordering off of Amazon to avoid tax.

Not a deal per se, but once (its a matter of when...not if) they got them you can keep returning them if theres a dead pixel or buttons stick or whatever as they've got the best customer service

edit: for some reason i never said costco and i meant too, my bad

[quote name='rcx4']My fellow CAGers,

I need help in finding the best deal for the DS Lite/Brain Age 2 bundle. [Its the black/red DS lite with free carrying case].. I'm leaning either towards using the $15 off $100 purchase at CC, or the $40 off $200 purchase at CC, or the 15% off any single item from TRU.

[if only the coupons aren't expired].

Help is much appreciated.[/quote]The $40 off $200 expires at the end of this month. It's a big YMMV, too. If you read the official thread about that particular CC coupon, you'll see that quite a few people have had luck using it on "excluded" items like: PSP, DS Lite, PS3, Xbox 360, iPod, etc. The coupon will scan, but the YMMV part is finding a cashier who won't read the fine print and/or who will accept a printout/copy of the original coupon.

Hey guys, here's what happened to me yesterday:
*Note: I was trying to help my Aunt to buy a DS lite for my cousin's Birthday*

I managed to find this coupon via google...
http://www.mypicshare.com/mrkra9hspic.html
I got it from this website..
**source: http://dealspl.us/circuitcity-coupons

Anyways, me, my Aunt and my cousin went to CC at around 10:30am. We first asked the cashier and the manager if they'll accept the coupons. They said yes. We then made known that we plan to use it with the DS/Brian Age 2 bundle [for my cousin's birthday gift], and the manager said yes.

We then got DS/Brain Age Bundle, Elite Beat Agents, A protective screen for the DS lite, and a couple of DVDs to round it off to $210 dollars + tax.

While at the check-out counter, for some reason the system won't accept the sku of the DS/Brain Age Bundle.. 5 different cashiers tried to do it but no luck..

They called the main office and apparently other CC stores have the same problem.

The manager then said that he'll give us an extra $20 off the purchase because we waited long. After waiting for over an hour, they finally found a way to override the computer.

So, the entire purchase was around $160 + tax.. a great deal all in all.

[quote name='rcx4']Hey guys, here's what happened to me yesterday:
*Note: I was trying to help my Aunt to buy a DS lite for my cousin's Birthday*

I managed to find this coupon via google...
http://www.mypicshare.com/mrkra9hspic.html
I got it from this website..
**source: http://dealspl.us/circuitcity-coupons

Anyways, me, my Aunt and my cousin went to CC at around 10:30am. We first asked the cashier and the manager if they'll accept the coupons. They said yes. We then made known that we plan to use it with the DS/Brian Age 2 bundle [for my cousin's birthday gift], and the manager said yes.

We then got DS/Brain Age Bundle, Elite Beat Agents, A protective screen for the DS lite, and a couple of DVDs to round it off to $210 dollars + tax.

While at the check-out counter, for some reason the system won't accept the sku of the DS/Brain Age Bundle.. 5 different cashiers tried to do it but no luck..

They called the main office and apparently other CC stores have the same problem.

The manager then said that he'll give us an extra $20 off the purchase because we waited long. After waiting for over an hour, they finally found a way to override the computer.

So, the entire purchase was around $160 + tax.. a great deal all in all.[/quote]

Lucky you

bread's done
Back