Help with flipping

equax

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
Hello CAGs', I should of been flipping a long time ago.... My question is where do you guys get all the information like prices and TIV of games? If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!

Also what are your recommendations?

Btw I have GS and BBV 10 minutes away from me.

Thanks, Peter

Check the wiki and the threads about each individual store in the deals board. Basically, you have to find a store(Kmart,Target etc) with certain games on clearance that are still worth more money at another store(BBV,GS) on trade in.

You will be having to go to more multiple stores.

[quote name='Persona7']Check the wiki and the threads about each individual store in the deals board. Basically, you have to find a store(Kmart,Target etc) with certain games on clearance that are still worth more money at another store(BBV,GS) on trade in.

You will be having to go to more multiple stores.[/quote]

I think the Wiki is still MIA actually, so I don't think anyone can check it right at this moment.

I don't see a link for it at the top of the page anymore. I'm sure it still exists SOMEWHERE, but I can't find it.

But like everyone has said Equax, you should do your own research and find out for yourself, since many of us(especially me) don't like giving out where we trade our stuff and how much we get for it.

If you have any Transworld stores in their chains in your area(Sam Goody, Coconuts, FYE, Wherehouse music)that takes games, you can usually get a rough idea of what your stuff is worth by checking out either wherehouse.com or secondspin.com's trade value search engine.

Rule of thumb for it is if it doesn't come up, then the trade value is SUPER low on it usually, but it never hurts to take that stuff in since the trade values have been known to be off from the site before.

[quote name='equax']Hello CAGs', I should of been flipping a long time ago.... My question is where do you guys get all the information like prices and TIV of games? If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks, Peter[/QUOTE]

Well, if you are talking BBV and GS, I can't make it much easier than it already is in the Blockbuster/Gamerush thread where everything is laid out for you in the second post. There's a list of stuff there that is good to use, though the GS->BBV flips are a bit scarce now without a good GS coupon.

And the only reason I keep adding trade-in values to these threads (check out the GS 10/20/30% deal thread for a TON of good trade-in prices!) is that the Wiki is not really being used any more. I used to update it but several months ago I couldn't edit it any more (keep getting errors). Cheapy tells me there will be something connected to the game database feature that is to be rolled out soon that will keep track of trade-in prices. That is one reason I'm compiling them in the threads when we have trade-in deals running. Hopefully I can move over all those values to the new system. I have no idea how this will work, but it would be great to click on a game in a list and have CAG reviews, current pricing/sale info, and trade-in value at various stores pop up - all dependent on the CAG community keeping those things updated of course...

Make sure your BBV is one that takes in trades before engaging in a lot of buying and flipping... none of mine do

[quote name='equax']Hello CAGs', I should of been flipping a long time ago.... My question is where do you guys get all the information like prices and TIV of games? If you could help me out I would greatly appreciate it!!

Thanks, Peter[/quote] I either call the store and ask or look at threads on here.

Thanks for all the replies I'll take this in consideration.

Btw would GS accept my old PS1 games? Or would I only receive one dollar per disc. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='equax']Thanks for all the replies I'll take this in consideration.

Btw would GS accept my old PS1 games? Or would I only receive one dollar per disc. lol[/quote]

As Tiggerkiddo said, they stopped taking them a while ago when they started to clearance them out at 75% off.

What kind of games are we talking about though? If you have anything like the Suikodens, Silent Hill, Intelligent Qube or any other 'rare' or sought after games and they're complete/mint, then Ebay is your best option.

bread's done
Back