Help with GCO $10 discount and buy.com

Viper45

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, my first post...

I wanted to try out that Google Checkout with $10 discount on your first purchase thing, so I registered on Google's website. Went to buy.com and found out that in order to get the $10 discount, I had to register from their website.

Needless to say I'm frustrated that I didn't know this sooner, and I'm wondering if I'm completely screwed? I don't really want to use a different credit card with a different account or anything like that, so I looked around at a few other GCO compatible stores and none of them would give me the discount either.

So can anyone inform me on how this works? :cry:

As long as you haven't registered before and used the GCO discount before(as it's a form of fraud to use it more than once), then simply use a different email address to register on the buy.com website for the GCO account.

You typically CAN use the same CC on the signup, but clear your computers cache first, so that the original account is no longer in the computers memory.

It is my first time using Google Checkout. If I use the same credit card, do you think Google will get suspicious? I never purchased anything with my first account, and I removed my billing information from it yesterday. So I wonder if they even have a record of it.

[quote name='Viper45']It is my first time using Google Checkout. If I use the same credit card, do you think Google will get suspicious? I never purchased anything with my first account, and I removed my billing information from it yesterday. So I wonder if they even have a record of it.[/QUOTE]

couldnt you just answer your own question by going through google checkout and seeing if it takes 10 dollars off before you place your order?

[quote name='BasketCase1080']couldnt you just answer your own question by going through google checkout and seeing if it takes 10 dollars off before you place your order?[/quote]

I just wanted to know if anyone had past experience with it, if their order got canceled or anything. I did just try it with a new account and I did get the $10 discount, now I guess I just have to wait and see if the order makes it all the way through *crosses fingers*

bread's done
Back