Help with Hollywood video Power play something does not add up

slidecage

CAGiversary!
Feedback
106 (100%)
I got an email today saying NEVER PAY FOR LATE FEES AGAIN IF YOU SIGN Up for powerplay and print this coupon

but right on the coupon it says

coupon can NOT be used for future late fee credits

ummm if the coupon is not good for future late fees then how i never pay for late fees again ?

I work at Hollywood Video.
Essentially, the e-mail is just a ploy trying to get you to sign up for the PowerPlay program, which is a monthly fee, point-based system for renting games and movies. It can be a great deal depending on how often you rent.
My store didn't have the coupon, but our manager set up a limited promotion with us to do the same thing. All the coupon is saying is if you sign up for PowerPlay, your current late fees will be voided (something they don't usually do upon signing up) and when on PowerPlay, there are no typical late fees, as you can keep your rentals for upwards of thirty days.

Hope that clarifies a bit!

I signed up for the Powerplay Diamond Option when I was home for the summer. Personally, I got my money's worth.

I was also told that if you signed up for the diamond plan, all late fees are forgiven. I was told that this was a new thing (started Monday I believe )

[quote name='MirrIll']I work at Hollywood Video.
Essentially, the e-mail is just a ploy trying to get you to sign up for the PowerPlay program, which is a monthly fee, point-based system for renting games and movies. It can be a great deal depending on how often you rent.
My store didn't have the coupon, but our manager set up a limited promotion with us to do the same thing. All the coupon is saying is if you sign up for PowerPlay, your current late fees will be voided (something they don't usually do upon signing up) and when on PowerPlay, there are no typical late fees, as you can keep your rentals for upwards of thirty days.

Hope that clarifies a bit![/QUOTE]

So, what is it, exactly? Is it like Netflix where you pay a monthly fee for all your rentals, or is it a club you pay for on top of paying for rentals that enables you to keep them for 30 days? I'm a bit confused, as I never rent from HWV.

read the site. it explains it. the only one that's really worth it is the diamond.. 3 out at a time, unlimited rentals.. 39.99/month. works on games and movies.

[quote name='Scorch']read the site. it explains it. the only one that's really worth it is the diamond.. 3 out at a time, unlimited rentals.. 39.99/month. works on games and movies.[/QUOTE]

yep, and if you watch a TON of movies will it ever be worth while... like at least 1.5 movies a night.

Else it's on par with redbox with $1/night.

To clarify, it's like they said, you're practically paying for your rentals in advance. A new release movie is $5.16 after tax, but three points on a non-unlimited PowerPlay plan. (any of the lower tier plans) Basically you rent based on point or limit (Diamond), return the movies or games you took out and then rent more until your points are gone. (once again, unless you have the Diamond plan) If you don't use all of your points, but you continue the plan, they roll over to the next month.

[quote name='MirrIll']I work at Hollywood Video.

Hope that clarifies a bit![/QUOTE]

i though the cheaper plans had to be returned within 5 days

[quote name='slidecage']i though the cheaper plans had to be returned within 5 days[/QUOTE]

Ah, you pose a good point that I often forget about myself. The Silver and Gold plans ($7.99 and $14.99, respectively) allow movie rentals to be kept out for thirty days, but games for only five. Thanks for pointing that out.

I have the movie gallery powerpoint plan and recommend it highly to any one who uses rentals like me to be a cheapassgamer ( and movie watcher).Movies which used to be $4.50 are now 3 points/3 dollars,games that went for $8.50 are now 5 points/5 dollars.Movies can be kept indefinitely, as far as I understand,games for 5 days unless you have the highest level platinum plan at $40 a month/unlimited points, and points roll over from month to month until you cancel.

bread's done
Back