Help with James Bond sets.

Cornfedwb

CAGiversary!
Feedback
15 (100%)
Ok, I know alot of posters here are into DVDs... I tend not to be. Can someone explain to me the difference between the 20 disc full DVD set and the 6-7 disc DVD sets that go for way more money?

And can someone give me a good idea as to where I can find either Vol. 1 or Vol. 2 new B&M?

Between planning my father's suprise party Sunday, and planning my wedding in a few weeks.. I completely blanked out on getting him a gift.

Thanks.

I think it is rumored that they will make new sets when a better DVD format comes out. The thread might be hidden somewhere at the DVD fourm.

I've never heard of the 20 disc set, so I'm assuming the comment aboput it being an Asian bootleg is accurate. As for deals on the existing sets, that's a tough one. I rarely see them cheap.

Its pretty well known that Lowry Digital is working on doing full restorations to the Bond films, which is especially needed for the very early ones. So I would suggest hold off on buying any Bond boxsets and wait for the new ones which are rumored for release this holiday season. That could change tho.

Oh, and for those who don't know Lowry Digital is the company that did the restoration for the original "Star Wars" trilogy along with Disney's recent special edition for "Mary Poppins."

It is real simple to explain.

The US versions of the bond films were released in 3 Volumes that total to all the bond films up to this date.

The Asian market special 20 film edition that was released with all the films together is so cheap because it was especially made for that region and you would need a dvd player that plays disc from that region.

bread's done
Back