Help with the purchase of an Xbox 360 [Use FAQ Sticky Above]

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattJ1991

CAGiversary!
Ok, I am finally gonna pick up a 360, I have decided to go with the 60gb Premium system, and after the apparent price drop, it'll be $300

But alas, I am an Xbox n00b, and need the help of all you smart CAG's out there.

When I buy the Premium console, what else do I need to purchase? (other than games and Live)

It says it comes with an Ethernet cable, so I don't think I need a wireless internet box thing for it, since it will always be near my computer, and the 60gb is plenty of space, so I don't need a new HDD, and I am fine with the one controller and wired Headset, for now anyway.

So yeah, is there any other purchases I need to get in order to play it on a run-of-the-mill crappy TV in my room, and play on Live with or without wires.

Console, controller, cable, HDD, XBL, and games, obviously. That's all you need. You're not missing anything.

After a while, however, you're going to want an HDtv.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think an HDTV is a necessity if you plan on regularly gaming with a 360 or PS3. The difference is significant and will make you see Jesus (who himself cried when he first saw HiDef gaming).

Yeah you need a hi def TV. Get a 32 inch Plasma or LCD with high response rate. You'll also need one hdmi cord.

Be sure to pick up the Plug and Charge kit for 20-25 bucks so you wont have to spend $$$ on batteries.

And yeah, i had a regular tv for a while, but then got a 40 inch HDTV and wow, it really is a big difference.

You get a month of Xbox Live with the system so you don't necessarily NEED it when you buy the system, just within the first month.

The HDTV is recommended though.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Yeah you need a hi def TV. Get a 32 inch Plasma or LCD with high response rate. You'll also need one hdmi cord.[/quote]

Don't you want a low response rate? (that's what i thought)

You can also use your monitor to play the 360 if you don't have a HD tv yet. Granted your monitor has other open ports (hdmi, component, composite, and/or another vga/dvi port).

Depending on how much you play, you may want to pick up the Xbox 360 Quick Charge Kit.

You can use regular rechargeable batteries in the controller, but I found them difficult to take out all the time. This is much more convenient. You can add a second battery pack to quickly and easily swap when the one in your controller runs low.

You will probably want to pick up some Xbox Live point cards as well.

[quote name='The 7th Number']Be sure to pick up the Plug and Charge kit for 20-25 bucks so you wont have to spend $$$ on batteries.

And yeah, i had a regular tv for a while, but then got a 40 inch HDTV and wow, it really is a big difference.[/quote]

I recommend picking up a rechargeable battery pack and a quick charge kit, or a plug and charge kit. I use the former just because I don't like wires.

Dude, that's exactly what he's planning to do.

OP, a plug and play charge kit is a good idea, other than that some MS points and a Gold subscription card for 1 year + 1 month. They have a video camera, but that's up to you. It comes with component cables so if your tv doesn't have component inputs for some reason, you're going to need composite cables or an S-Video one.

[quote name='mitch079']Dude, that's exactly what he's planning to do.

OP, a plug and play charge kit is a good idea, other than that some MS points and a Gold subscription card for 1 year + 1 month. They have a video camera, but that's up to you. It comes with component cables so if your tv doesn't have component inputs for some reason, you're going to need composite cables or an S-Video one.[/quote]

The component cables ARE composite cables as well.

[quote name='mitch079']Dude, that's exactly what he's planning to do.[/QUOTE]

Whoops, my bad. These early mornings are taking a toll on me. :cry:

Ok, due to the advice I got, I am going to pick up a charger for my Controller, cause batteries are annoying as fuck.

AND YES! I'm working on that HDTV situation, lol, sorry to yell, I plan on saving for that after the Xbox

Save your money and skip the play and charge kit and go straight to the charger. Dealing with wires is so last gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back