help with vid card

[quote name='filthysanchez09']i need a video card but dont know if i have a pci-e card.[/QUOTE]

First, find out if you have PCI- E or agp. Perhaps you have neither and you have just pci with integrated graphics. Do you have a direct link to the HP site so we can check out the pc? Do you recall what cards were optional when you ordered the pc? Personally, that 9250 is a fine card for most applications. However, it is NOT a fine card for playing recent games.

[quote name='filthysanchez09']i have a hp a 1100y.i bought it because it was 100 dollars before shipping and upgrades. i need a video card but dont know if i have a pci-e card.i found a pci card herehttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1524186&CatId=319

but i dn if it can run f.e.a.r. or anything because i dn if it has the hw lighting and all that stuff

please help with recommendations and stuff.thanks[/quote]

Im PRETTY sure that no PCI cards can play fear...

i dont mean fear per say, but maybe halo and age of empires 3 and civilization4 possibly quake4 and unreal tourny but not likely for those

[quote name='filthysanchez09']i have a hp a 1100y.i bought it because it was 100 dollars before shipping and upgrades. i need a video card but dont know if i have a pci-e card.i found a pci card herehttp://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1524186&CatId=319

but i dn if it can run f.e.a.r. or anything because i dn if it has the hw lighting and all that stuff

please help with recommendations and stuff.thanks[/QUOTE]
Expect minimal performance gain with that dinosaur of a card. It'll install fine (every PC has a PCI card slot), but your PC probably won't run FEAR at any settings, with or without a dedicated GPU.

[quote name='filthysanchez09']i dont mean fear per say, but maybe halo and age of empires 3 and civilization4 possibly quake4 and unreal tourny but not likely for those[/QUOTE]
Halo will be a slideshow, Age of Empires 3 should be fine at low settings, Quake 4 won't run at all, but the original Unreal Tournament should have silky smooth framerates. :D

[quote name='filthysanchez09']do you mean less than 30 fps for halo?[/QUOTE]
Yes. Halo is quite demanding on older systems. My desktop (2.6 P4, 512 MB RAM, Radeon 9200) can barely handle Halo.

i have a celeron that runs 2.8ghz and 512 mb ram but i want a graphics gard so ican play some newer games.right now all i can play is swat 4 and c&c generals. i might just save for a gaming pc.

bread's done
Back