Help with weird eBay situation!

mistymayem

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
Ok so I'm selling online pass codes for Madden 11 on eBay at $8 Buy it Now or Best offer. I have the best offer set on auto accept for $7 or higher. Today when I go to check my email I see one's sold... for $25! Since the best offer was on auto accept, the user has already paid me and their money is sitting in my paypal account right now. The user is brand new with zero feedback. I'm assuming they thought the auction was for the actual game not just the code or they are just very confused. I already sent off an email making sure they meant to buy a code but is there anything else I should do?

[quote name='mistymayem']Ok so I'm selling online pass codes for Madden 11 on eBay at $8 Buy it Now or Best offer. I have the best offer set on auto accept for $7 or higher. Today when I go to check my email I see one's sold... for $25! Since the best offer was on auto accept, the user has already paid me and their money is sitting in my paypal account right now. The user is brand new with zero feedback. I'm assuming they thought the auction was for the actual game not just the code or they are just very confused. I already sent off an email making sure they meant to buy a code but is there anything else I should do?[/QUOTE]

Wait... how can someone send a best off that's more than the actual BiN? I don't think that's possible...

[quote name='Scorch']he's going to get the code and claim it doesn't work.[/QUOTE]

This, or as the OP suspected, the user might have thought it was for the full game. No matter what the situation, you should refund the money and not deal with this person. They are either ignorant or looking to scam you. More than likely, looking to scam you.

I'm not sure how it happened but I ended up with $23 and some change in my paypal account. Yeah I'm pretty sure I want to just cancel the whole thing since I'm pretty sure it is some type of bizarre scam.

bread's done
Back