Help With XBL Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quinn Skates

CAGiversary!
I'm really not sure where this should go, if you could please move this thread it would be greatly appreciated. Please don't ban me.

Story: My grandma had bought me a 1600 point ms card for my birthday. Tried over and over to redeem it and it wouldnt work. Called and they said they needed to update servers. Kept trying for a few days and kept calling. Finally they tell me that it hasnt been activated.
I don't want to go to Walmart and ask them to activate it cuz theyll think i stole it and i dont have the receipt, considering its one of the ones that wasnt in a box.

Is it possible to just scan it on a self checkout by yourself and then just leave? or on a register that's off?

i dunno what to do. my friends work in retail stores, one works in urban outfitters, clothing store. You guys dont think he could scan it there and somehow it would activate it do you?

Thanks for reading my nonsense and trying to help, Quinn

Dude, asking not to be banned isn't going to save you when you can't even read:

"Video Game Deals The best video game deals in the world are here. Only registered CAGs may enter.
ONLY CREATE THREADS IF YOU ARE POSTING SPECIFIC DEALS!"

And to answer your question, you're going to need to ask your grandmother for a receipt. And if she doesn't have one, you're probably screwed. You could always try calling 1-800-4my-xbox, but unlikely they'll be able to help.

im pretty sure she bought it from walmart... that's what she said anyway.
shes an old woman and doesnt even own a computer to go on ebay to buy it.

and anyway, the question is, is there anyway to activate it...? not if my 75 year old grandma stole the card lol.

[quote name='Quinn Skates']im pretty sure she bought it from walmart... that's what she said anyway.
shes an old woman and doesnt even own a computer to go on ebay to buy it.

and anyway, the question is, is there anyway to activate it...? not if my 75 year old grandma stole the card lol.[/QUOTE]

If she bought it at Wal-Mart and didn't use a credit card, no there is no way to easily look it up. It's a chore for an associate to look up a purchase even if you have a credit card number because you MUST know the exact day something was purchased (and NO associate is required to do this either). Without a receipt you're not getting your points.

Also there's no way to "scan it and leave" the card isn't activated until the purchase is completed. If the purchase is voided or not completed the card is deactivated.

Sorry.

sounds like you got a bad ebay card, from your other thread..
btw this would be better off anywhere else, this isnt a deal.

Point cards aren't activated by the retail store, not sure why MS told you that. The codes are preregistered with Microsoft. If the number hadn't been revealed behind the scratch off material then it should be valid.

Wasn't in a box? What does that mean, not in the blisterpack? Where did your grammy get this card that it was already opened? Sounds like bs to me.

I guess you guys have never seen the cards at wally world. They aren't in blisterpacks, they are on a hook like gift cards in the electronics area. I thought people would start stealing them and selling them on egay and I guess I was right.

[quote name='veedubkid']I guess you guys have never seen the cards at wally world. They aren't in blisterpacks, they are on a hook like gift cards in the electronics area. I thought people would start stealing them and selling them on egay and I guess I was right.[/quote]

My bad then, I didnt realize points or Live cards were sold this way.

In that case, just take your card into the store and ask. The worst that can happen is that they say no. if you didnt steal the card then you have nothing to worry about.

[quote name='Puffa469']My bad then, I didnt realize points or Live cards were sold this way.

In that case, just take your card into the store and ask. The worst that can happen is that they say no. if you didnt steal the card then you have nothing to worry about.[/quote]

no dude ive personally never seen a wally world or any store for that matter sell em like this, and microsoft ships em out in blister packs not indivdually so i call bs.

cheers,
Mike

[quote name='miktau']no dude ive personally never seen a wally world or any store for that matter sell em like this, and microsoft ships em out in blister packs not indivdually so i call bs.

cheers,
Mike[/quote]

Seems like a plausible idea though. They do sell Zune points like that, and those work as MS points do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back