Henry Hatsworth in the Puzzling Adventure USED - $19.99 Gamestop

Nice price. Not available online though and no stores near me have it :(

thanks for posting, though, I'll be on the lookout for it

This is a good deal-- I had picked one up for my girlfriend last week. Don't forget to use the eternal 10% off coupon and your Edge to bring it down to 15.99+tax

Bought it at full price and I wasn't disappointed. Be forewarned, though, the platforming part of the game is HARD. Like, NES-era Mega Man hard. The first two worlds are simple enough, but by World 4 you'll be breaking a sweat.

[quote name='lunker']Bought it at full price and I wasn't disappointed. Be forewarned, though, the platforming part of the game is HARD. Like, NES-era Mega Man hard. The first two worlds are simple enough, but by World 4 you'll be breaking a sweat.[/QUOTE]

Well now I HAVE to get it.

[quote name='lunker']Bought it at full price and I wasn't disappointed. Be forewarned, though, the platforming part of the game is HARD. Like, NES-era Mega Man hard. The first two worlds are simple enough, but by World 4 you'll be breaking a sweat.[/quote]

Well said. I thought the boss at the end of the 3rd world was tough. It got me thinking, "Well, maybe that was a bump in the road." It wasn't. That fourth world is jump-into-nothingness frustrating!

I think this property should be supported since it is SO good, but man, what were they thinking about the difficulty curve? Easy, easy, easy, easy, medium, THROW THE SYSTEM AGAINST WALL!

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Lunker, you are about to scare me off.

$20 is a decent deal though.[/QUOTE]

It's fun as hell—if you like the recent Castlevania games blended with some Planet Puzzle League—but for some reason I was going in expecting it to be a cakewalk, and I've been pleasantly humbled. And this isn't including the harder difficulty unlocked after beating the game once!

[quote name='lunker']It's fun as hell—if you like the recent Castlevania games blended with some Planet Puzzle League—but for some reason I was going in expecting it to be a cakewalk, and I've been pleasantly humbled. And this isn't including the harder difficulty unlocked after beating the game once![/QUOTE]

Planet puzzle league is easily one of my top 10 favorite ds games.

went to a gamestop today and they had 2 copies but no instructions on either. passed for the time being, but definitely plan on picking up this game one way or another.

[quote name='RoundeRx54']Lunker, you are about to scare me off.

$20 is a decent deal though.[/quote]

Don't be scared. I've made it to World 5 and I didn't think it was that hard. Perhaps I'm just really good at platformers, who knows. I wouldn't say it's Mega Man hard, because it's still fun. Mega Man, for me at least, was so hard it wasn't fun. Hatsworth wasn't like that.

Also, for anyone on the fence, I HIGHLY recommend this game. It is fun, it's got a hilarious story, great characters, and most importantly, it's got great gameplay. $20 is a steal for this game, although, I wish people wouldn't buy it used.

[quote name='MasterSun1']Ee-aw-oh-yee-hoo-aw.............aka............good Show![/quote]
This game has the best voice overs ever! I found the final boss extremely easy once you memorize the pattern, the only problem I had was that the levels where pretty long and the checkpoints are far apart

My new favorite DS game--it has managed to dethrone New Super Mario Bros, and I never thought there would be a DS game that could do that.

BTW, it does get difficult, but never to the point of frustration like, say, Prinny. And the difficulty isn't at all related to the controls, because they're pretty much spot on.

Seriously, people: if you're old enough to have owned the original NES or SNES, then you're going to absolutely fall in love with this game.

FEW BULLET POINTS (for CAG's on the fence):
>combo system w/ air juggles
>upgrade system
>multiple weapons
>wall hopping (by 2nd world)
>complete control over jumping (eg. NOT LIKE GHOULS n GHOSTS)
>lengthy with lots of variety between stages (I'm already like 6 hours in)
>classic platforming
>lots of lives
>spot-on controls
>several big bosses per world
>very fair difficulty curve
>ties in a fantastic knock off of Super Puzzle League

...sorry, I'm just trying to highlight the best parts of this game because, well, I want people to buy it so we get a sequel :)

IMHO, this feels like a Nintendo platformer, which is why I'm surprised it came from an upstart group. GotY '09.

Last edited by a moderator:
Many stores have this right now, every manager apparently got a free copy a few weeks ago. The ones that didn't care/beat it already likely traded them in.
I love this game.

I don't know, I'd feel kind of guilty buying this used; games like this I really want to sell more than they do, and I want to support EA for taking a risk. The premise seems awesome and stuff like making the soundtrack free is really good fan service.

Ahh, the cheapass dilemma strikes back..

Yay, picked one up. Thanks OP.

And to the CAG at Portland State who picked up the one at the Gamestop close to the school 10 minutes before I did :p

[quote name='Zingela']Many stores have this right now, every manager apparently got a free copy a few weeks ago. The ones that didn't care/beat it already likely traded them in.
I love this game.[/quote]
Yea they all got a copy. That is the reason this is lower in price. Once they sell some inventory I wouldn't be shocked to see the price go back up. Most all these copies should be minty complete as well.

[quote name='AwRy108']My new favorite DS game--it has managed to dethrone New Super Mario Bros, and I never thought there would be a DS game that could do that.

BTW, it does get difficult, but never to the point of frustration like, say, Prinny. And the difficulty isn't at all related to the controls, because they're pretty much spot on.

Seriously, people: if you're old enough to have owned the original NES or SNES, then you're going to absolutely fall in love with this game.

FEW BULLET POINTS (for CAG's on the fence):
>combo system w/ air juggles
>upgrade system
>multiple weapons
>wall hopping (by 2nd world)
>complete control over jumping (eg. NOT LIKE GHOULS n GHOSTS)
>lengthy with lots of variety between stages (I'm already like 6 hours in)
>classic platforming
>lots of lives
>spot-on controls
>several big bosses per world
>very fair difficulty curve
>ties in a fantastic knock off of Super Puzzle League

...sorry, I'm just trying to highlight the best parts of this game because, well, I want people to buy it so we get a sequel :)

IMHO, this feels like a Nintendo platformer, which is why I'm surprised it came from an upstart group. GotY '09.[/quote]

Having played the 4th level again, I see I must have been having a bad day or something since I had a much easier time the second time around. I do feel that the end of stage 3 is WAY harder than anything put before it, so the "fair" difficulty curve is up for debate in my book.

HOWEVER, everything said in praise of this game is well said. I think the Penny Arcade guys or CAGs should really get behind this one because this would have been a solid platformer without the Planet Puzzle League tie-in.

If anyone gets this, here is my suggestion. Save up and buy 2 extra hearts and 1 extra silver heart from the shop as soon as you can! You can upgrade your other stuff at a later time. It is SO much more critical to have at least 7 hearts before you enter the fourth level since the baddies and bosses get wicked tough.

This should be the sleeper hit of the year and hardcore gamers will miss out since it doesn't have the words MARIO, THEFT, RESIDENT, or GEARS in the title!

I'm so interested, hopefully amazon will have this in the gb on 4/13 where I can actually buy it "new". Good find though, OP!

[quote name='keithp']Thanks OP, picked up a copy at my local GS. Paid $11.xx out the door! :D[/quote]

Was that a typo? Explain, please.

[quote name='guessed']Was that a typo? Explain, please.[/QUOTE]

I had $9 or $10 on a gift card that I used at the same time.

My copy was almost immaculate. Thanks again, OP.

[quote name='keithp']I had $9 or $10 on a gift card that I used at the same time.

My copy was almost immaculate. Thanks again, OP.[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification, I figured it was probably that or a typo. Gift card money still counts as payment, though.

[quote name='guessed']Gift card money still counts as payment, though.[/QUOTE]

Yep, especially since many people seem to double-count them. For example:

"I paid $60 (retail) for a game, but I got a $10 gift card, so it's really like I paid $50."

"I then used my $10 gift card on a $30 game, so it's really like I paid $20."

Nope. One or the other, but not both.

[quote name='illennium']Yep, especially since many people seem to double-count them. For example:

"I paid $60 (retail) for a game, but I got a $10 gift card, so it's really like I paid $50."

"I then used my $10 gift card on a $30 game, so it's really like I paid $20."

Nope. One or the other, but not both.[/quote]

???

They're both accurate statements if the gift cards were received as gifts. Who buys gift cards for themselves?

I am happy and a little sad about this. It's awesome that more people are experiencing the greatness that is Henry Hatsworth, but at the same time it takes a sale on the used copies for people to buy it. This doesn't help this games sales, it probably won't sell shit anyways though.

[quote name='Vegan']???

They're both accurate statements if the gift cards were received as gifts. Who buys gift cards for themselves?[/quote]

I think you misunderstood the example. The first game cost $60, but came with a $10 gift card that he then used to purchase the $30 game. Total out of pocket $80, but some people rationalize at both ends, believing they are getting the $60 game effectively for $50 (since it comes with a $10 gc), and the $30 game effectively for $20 (since they are using a $10 gc).

And for the record, I used to buy gift cards for myself all the time, back in the good old BB Gamer Gift Card Coupon days.

[quote name='guessed']Thanks for the clarification, I figured it was probably that or a typo. Gift card money still counts as payment, though.[/QUOTE]

Not when I got it for free. ;)

Anyway, back to topic, I've played the first couple of levels, up to where I first fight with Weasley--what the heck am I supposed to do when he's in that flying ship? I can't kill the gears he's tossing at me, and I can't jump up and fire at him in the air.

[quote name='guessed']I think you misunderstood the example. The first game cost $60, but came with a $10 gift card that he then used to purchase the $30 game. Total out of pocket $80, but some people rationalize at both ends, believing they are getting the $60 game effectively for $50 (since it comes with a $10 gc), and the $30 game effectively for $20 (since they are using a $10 gc).[/QUOTE]

Yep, the wording of my example could have been better. Thanks. :)

bread's done
Back