Hero of Sparta for Android - Free (Today only)

Thanks!
While I hate that gameloft doesn't use the Android Market, I had this game for my iPhone and never finished it, should be a lot nicer on my EVO anyway with the big screen and faster processor.

Thanks OP, I didn't know they had that Spiderman game for Android. I played it on my Ipod Touch and it was pretty good. Hopefully that goes free. :)

Thanks OP. Bit of a round about to download, but what the hell. Nice, free game on my Droid X. The screen is the same size as a PSP for freak sake.

[quote name='MisterFleX']Doesn't work for AT&T customers.[/QUOTE]

Which phone are you using? worked fine for my nexus one on ATT.

I've got a G2 and I just installed it. It crashed launching direct from when it finished installing but quitting and restarting it seemed to fix it and it's working fine now. Thanks OP!

Make sure you visit the site on your phone. You'll have to install their installer app or distribution app or whatever it is.

[quote name='jonlubbe']Which phone are you using? worked fine for my nexus one on ATT.[/QUOTE]

Samsung Captivate Galaxy S. Maybe because the Nexus one isn't branded as an at&t phone? Every time I tried visiting the site or use the link it provides, I get redirected to a verzion wap related page.

[quote name='MisterFleX']Samsung Captivate Galaxy S. Maybe because the Nexus one isn't branded as an at&t phone? Every time I tried visiting the site or use the link it provides, I get redirected to a verzion wap related page.[/QUOTE]

It sucks the other Galaxy S phones are listed but not the Captivate. I tried the generic Galaxy S and it didn't work for me either. Oh well, thank anyway OP!

[quote name='Envel']Won't work for my G2 :([/QUOTE]
Downloading on my G2, but it requires that I specifically *not* be on WiFi. However, once you launch the game, it needs to download additional game files, and it gives you the option to activate WiFi for that download process.

FYI, for those who may be interested, "HTC Desire Z" is the generic name of the T-Mobile G2.

[quote name='SuperSonic128']Can't download the game on my Incredible...[/QUOTE]

Sadly me neither. Sorry there are no games for your mobile.

[quote name='reallynotnick']Thanks!
While I hate that gameloft doesn't use the Android Market, I had this game for my iPhone and never finished it, should be a lot nicer on my EVO anyway with the big screen and faster processor.[/QUOTE]

Hate to break the news to you, but the CPU in the Evo is quite weak in performance. The Snapdragon CPU and the GPU equipped with it are not exactly great for gaming.

what I don't get is why do they not use the market? t'd be SO much easier.. but I don't know if like you delete this game, can you ever get it for free again? That's why I like the market, it's all synced.

Any user with Incredible/Verizon get this to work? When I click on the link from the txt msg it jumps to a Gameloft-Verizon page that says "Sorry there are no available games for your mobile."

[quote name='bh47']Any user with Incredible/Verizon get this to work? When I click on the link from the txt msg it jumps to a Gameloft-Verizon page that says "Sorry there are no available games for your mobile."[/QUOTE]

Lucky us, same issue. Incredible on Verizon.

Looks like a pretty good phone game similar to God of War...

Unfortunately, it frequently force closes on my Samsung Vibrant. I've never had any other game do that. Tried to reinstall and same thing happens.

Is everyone getting this problem or just some people?

[quote name='BigT']Looks like a pretty good phone game similar to God of War...

Unfortunately, it frequently force closes on my Samsung Vibrant. I've never had any other game do that. Tried to reinstall and same thing happens.

Is everyone getting this problem or just some people?[/QUOTE]

Had this happen on my vibrant but I reinstalled now works with no issues

[quote name='BigT']Looks like a pretty good phone game similar to God of War...

Is everyone getting this problem or just some people?[/QUOTE]

Having the same problem on my Droid. An even weirder issue is that I keep getting notifications that the game had an unexpected error and has to close. It will pop up even when the game is not running. Very annoying. Uninstalled the game as it's not worth this random bullcrap.

Getting those force closes on my Droid X too. Annoying. Hasn't happened so far this am, so we'll see.

I have emailed Gameloft's tech support to see if they have a fix.

Dungeon Hunter and Asphalt 5 work without any problems, so I don't really know what the issue is.

As some other people have noticed, I too get crashes as times even when the game is not running (for some reason it tries to load in the background and then force closes).

I'll investigate further and update this thread if I find anything out.

Actually, I already got a response from Gameloft:

Dear Gameloft customer!

We'd like to apologize for this inconvenience. We are fixing this issue now. We will re-send you Hero of Sparta for free when the issue is fixed.

Thank you for your patience. Gameloft wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

[quote name='letsgetacid']Having the same problem on my Droid. An even weirder issue is that I keep getting notifications that the game had an unexpected error and has to close. It will pop up even when the game is not running. Very annoying. Uninstalled the game as it's not worth this random bullcrap.[/QUOTE]
get the exact same thing except i'm on an evo 4g. it happens sometimes when i unlock my screen. if there isnt a fix soon im just gonna uninstall it also.

bread's done
Back