rebenns

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***
***SPOILERS***

Has anyone seen this movie? I can't understand the ending. The main players go through an elaborate scheme to assasinate the emporer, then, what, decide not to? And that is supposed to be a good way to end things? Why?

[quote name='sblymnlcrymnl']They realized that the emperor was actually trying to do what's best, how hard is that to understand?[/quote]

Yea seriously, not that confusing. The emperor would make some suffer, but it was decided it was for the good of many.

Hero's a great movie. Those who go expecting an all out fight-fest will most likely be disappointed. The story was excellent and although in Chinese, I could still see that it was well acted. Especially the surprise on the Emperor's face when he realized that Broken Sword understood him. I'll definitely get the DVD so that I can watch it again as I feel that I probably missed a lot.

I just saw it last night with a friend.

The whole movie was kind of weird since .you had to read the whole time. The ending made sense to me but I don't know how to explain it. I think he just couldn't go through with doing something that could cause something to ruin his country.

[quote name='Nirvanaguy777']it wasnt hard too understand, still was a shitting movie[/quote]

A shitting movie? Is that some Brooklyn slang we haven't heard before? :)

This should have a spoiler warning, but it isn't too bad. The trailers for the movie have a bigger spoiler than this.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']Yea, post a spoiler warning there fucknut.[/quote]
Hey fucknut didn't turn into shaqfu-nut! I wonder how many other ways you can drop a F bomb with out it turning into Shaq-fu...

Agreed though, SPOILER warning would have been nice.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='Cornfedwb']Yea, post a spoiler warning there fucknut.[/quote]
Hey fucknut didn't turn into shaqfu-nut! I wonder how many other ways you can drop a F bomb with out it turning into Shaq-fu...

Agreed though, SPOILER warning would have been nice.[/quote]

fuckass
fuckhole
fuckstick

... just about every non-generic fuckism.

definatly shoulda added a spoiler warning.. luckily i saw it yesterday night.. but the ending wasnt that hard possibley just the plot of it may have gotton you just messed up. it was plain and simple when he explained what the calligraphy meant

[quote name='Tromack']This should have a spoiler warning, but it isn't too bad. The trailers for the movie have a bigger spoiler than this.[/quote]

SPOILER!!!!

If you're talking of the scene where Namless is killed, you don't really know, as i figured he blocked those arrows. Only when I saw the movie did i see he accepted it.

END SPOILER!!!!

[quote name='SneakyPenguin'][quote name='Tromack']This should have a spoiler warning, but it isn't too bad. The trailers for the movie have a bigger spoiler than this.[/quote]

SPOILER!!!!

If you're talking of the scene where Namless is killed, you don't really know, as i figured he blocked those arrows. Only when I saw the movie did i see he accepted it.

END SPOILER!!!![/quote]

SPOILER!!!!

No, I'm referring to the fact that they tell you that nameless is an assassin. When I first saw it, I was stunned to learn that he wasn't actually a "good" guy.

End Spoiler

[quote name='"bradr"']The story was excellent and although in Chinese, I could still see that it was well acted.[/quote]

Are you saying that Chinese people are bad actors?

[quote name='rebenns']Sorry about that. I figured everyone who was going to see it has either seen it already.[/quote]

You know....You should edit your first post and add SPOILER before what you wrote.

People are starting to flame you and they have a legit reason to do so. I saw the movie so it doesnt bother me but If I didn't see the movie, I would be pissed as all hell.

Change your first post if you know whats good for you! Dont apologize. Just do it!

Heres the thing people...yes, he's an ass, but as you watch the movie, you'll figure most of it out 1/2 way through just by remembering the trailer, and what hasnt happened yet.

Great movie though.

Just remember...DIFFERENT CULTURE

SPOILER WARNING:
i saw this movie about 2 years ago when the chinese vcd came out. the whole story was the retelling of stories of how nameless kill the would be assassins but in reality, nameless is working with the assassins to kill the emperor and in the end, the emperor figured it out. he wouldn't want to kill nameless because he's a great warrior but had to or else his people won't listen to him.

in real life - that emperor was china's first emperor and one of the greatest. he was cruel therefore there was a lot of assassination attempts. one of china's most famous assassination attempts was an attempt on him. the movie though, is fiction

edit: the great wall of china was built by this emperor. also, during ancient china, most chinese considered this emperor as a very evil man so for those who try to assassinate him would be considered heroes. that's where the title of the movie came from

END SPOILER

[quote name='acrimonious1'][quote name='bradr']The story was excellent and although in Chinese, I could still see that it was well acted.[/quote]

Are you saying that Chinese people are bad actors?[/quote]

I don't know where you got that impression. I do not understand Mandarin, thus making it A LOT harder for me to gauge whether or not the actors are good or not because I miss out on the inflections and what words they're actually stressing. If anything, it was a great compliment on the acting talents of the cast that even though I had to read the subtitles, I could still tell that the acting was good.

ARGH!!!! Shaq-fuing movie ending spoilers! First AVP now this!!!!! :evil: And WTF is up with all of these WTF threads?????

The movie is all about people sacrificing them selves so that people will understand

So maybe now the OP will sacrifice himself so we can understand why he hasnt added SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!! to his first post.

[quote name='hutno']The movie is all about people sacrificing them selves so that people will understand

So maybe now the OP will sacrifice himself so we can understand why he hasnt added SPOLIERS!!!!!!!!!!! to his first post.[/quote]

Cuz hes a jackass! :evil: Serious PUT UP A SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!

[quote name='rebenns']Sorry about that. I figured everyone who was going to see it has either seen it already.[/quote]

Jesus, I still don't see a spoiler warning on your title. Put a spoiler warning so you stop ruining the movie for people who haven't seen it yet and click on your topic.

Thank you for the spoiler warning, jackass.

WARNING LOOK AWAY IMMEDIATELY UNLESS YOU ARE THE ORIGINAL POSTER!
THIS IS A REAL SPOILER FOR A HIGHLY ANTICIPATED GAME AND I ONLY WANT TO RUIN IT FOR THE JACKASS WHO POSTED THE 'HERO' SPOILER!

Here is a revenge spoiler:
Alyx dies halfway through Half-Life 2.

I warned you.

END SPOILER

[quote name='crazytalkx']ARGH!!!! Shaq-fuing movie ending spoilers! First AVP now this!!!!! :evil: And WTF is up with all of these WTF threads?????[/quote]

All these people that post without spoilers have no regard for others.

[quote name='Wshakspear']Heres the thing people...yes, he's an ass, but as you watch the movie, you'll figure most of it out 1/2 way through just by remembering the trailer, and what hasnt happened yet.

Great movie though.

Just remember...DIFFERENT CULTURE[/quote]

I fully agree with this, I had already seen the movie before this thread but what really spoiled the movie for me was the damn trailer .

bread's done
Back