Heroes of the Storm Nexus Challenge 2.0 (Overwatch skins) / Post your battlenet id!

Neuropunk#1832

I don't know how to play but the tectorial didn't make it seem too difficult. Anyhow I would like to finish the five games now so please add me as soon as possible

Hopefully I'll have time to start playing tonight to earn these rewards

Marauder7#1872

Last edited by a moderator:
Battletag: AndRooTang#1782

I've had some familiarity with Mobas and Heroes of the Storm. I definitely won't  be helpful in destroying teams with my skills though. Looking to play the required games fairly casually and earn those sweet sweet Overwatch rewards. Please add me if you need a single teammate or are looking to round out a group with similarly minded teammates.

From a post I recently found online...the best way to knock out these upcoming weeks for these games, is to have everyone push a single lane. Not what you would normally do in these games to win, but most of us are just trying to get through them quickly.  Pushing a single lane will cause your team to overpower the other team or  they will possibly overpower you if they do the same with another lane. The only way this would be difficult, is if both teams start to all push the same lane on each other.

That pushing one lane may work vs AI, but for the 2nd week on it's versus people. I think the main thing is fighting for objectives together. Course pushing together after such objectives are captured never sounds like bad idea.

That pushing one lane may work vs AI, but for the 2nd week on it's versus people. I think the main thing is fighting for objectives together. Course pushing together after such objectives are captured never sounds like bad idea.
I totally agree with your statement and that is definitely how I prefer to play in a coordinated group. (I really am against not playing the objectives)
But, those games can last up to 20-30 minutes at times.

If you want to try and blast through a game, win or loss since it doesn't really matter, the article stating to push one lane with all heroes will either get you a quick win, or loss, depending on the heroes chosen and skill of the people playing them. These games might take up a fraction of the time to complete against a well played, properly executed game for those individuals that are just looking to earn the Overwatch rewards in a short time frame.

Again, I don't typically condone not playing the game properly, but I kinda just want to get back to playing Overwatch with these new skins myself.

I totally agree with your statement and that is definitely how I prefer to play in a coordinated group. (I really am against not playing the objectives) But, those games can last up to 20-30 minutes at times.

If you want to try and blast through a game, win or loss since it doesn't really matter, the article stating to push one lane with all heroes will either get you a quick win, or loss, depending on the heroes chosen and skill of the people playing them. These games might take up a fraction of the time to complete against a well played, properly executed game for those individuals that are just looking to earn the Overwatch rewards in a short time frame.

Again, I don't typically condone not playing the game properly, but I kinda just want to get back to playing Overwatch with these new skins myself.
At the same time, don't fuckin tank a match for the other people there just because you want your sexy dva skin

I want it too, but I'm not just going to throw games to get it when its pvp

I mean we do want our Overwatch stuff....I know I was in tanked games for part of the first week. It's lame. At least try to play...so you can somewhat have fun, and maybe HotS may be a new game you add to your lineup. I mean we play games hopefully to have fun. You may suck....heck I know I am not great, but I wont ruin others fun tanking games to get rewards.

At the same time, don't fuckin tank a match for the other people there just because you want your sexy dva skin

All well and good....just reiterating what I had read somewhere in case people were interested. I apologize to anyone who is offended.

Im throwing all the matches IDGAF, blame blizzard for making ppl play a crappy game.

Im throwing all the matches IDGAF, blame blizzard for making ppl play a crappy game.
They're not making you. They'll be in the regular loot boxes later anyway. I'd rather blame you for being a dickhead.

The thing is, intentionally losing a match isn't even that much faster than if you lose normally. HOTS games aren't that long to begin with.

They're not making you. They'll be in the regular loot boxes later anyway. I'd rather blame you for being a dickhead.

The thing is, intentionally losing a match isn't even that much faster than if you lose normally. HOTS games aren't that long to begin with.
Who knows how long before they hit the loot boxes? could be a 6 months, or a year. I didnt enjoy the time I spent with this game, so Im gonna try to get the skin without caring if i die/win ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thank you.

I never understood why people go on forums about games they hate, only to jerk off furiously about how much they hate said game.
This is a thread about trying to get a skin for a completely different game than the one we have to play. Its not like ppl are going to a dedicated HOTS thread and bashing it. Relax.

I'm like level 550 in OW despite working full-time, going to school full-time, and studying for/taking a state licensure examination for the last full year.

Even I think there's a better place for this thread since this is distinctly and literally NOT a deal in any capacity.

I respectfully disagree. Devs should never hide rewards (of any kind) behind forced multiplayer. Unique skins and 10 loot boxes by playing something? Sure, I'll do that but why should I take it seriously?

I desperately wanted the platinum trophy for The Last of Us, but that required so many games of online mp, which I unfortunately would quit games early on (just to get credit for the "day"). Not because I wanted to ruin games for others, but I just wanted to get my reward as fast as possible and I blame devs for setting up a reward system that forced players (who want to get the reward the easiest was possible) to potentially screw others

Thank you.

I never understood why people go on forums about games they hate, only to jerk off furiously about how much they hate said game.
I assume so many people who are doing this are doing it, almost primarily, for the rewards in a different game (Overwatch).

I'm having a bit more fun with HotS. It's still pretty simple but it's objectives are fun. I'm sure after the event i'll play it off and on.

I'm DarthOreos#1190 - feel free to add me, I'd love to play with anyone both for fun and the skins. I'm a n00b though!

phenixdwn#1250 

never played the game before, but looking for something new to try... mostly want those overwatch rewards though lol

Week 4 quests are supposed to go live today, time to get those lootboxes!

Reminder that you can still earn previous week's rewards, in fact you have to earn them in order, and that only the Week 1 rewards (Genji skin) can be earned vs AI. Week 2-4 rewards are earned in Quick Play, Unranked, or Ranked matches.

May 22nd is the deadline for quest completion, as that is when the Nexus event ends. Thanks for the help so far and I wish you all a resounding GG.

l0n3r4ng3r #1642

will be on later tonight 5-18 around 9pm PST. only have 3 games in trying to get DVA skin and boxes by weekend. I am not the good at MOBA so if you are trying to win sorry. 

Thanks

So... did this work for everybody?

I don't actually own Overwatch, but did this challenge stuff anyway. I downloaded Overwatch for the free trial weekend on Xbox and while I did have ten loot boxes from the last challenge, I don't have the D.Va spray or the D.Va and Genji skins. My account is linked and the ID matches.

Any help?

bread's done
Back