Heroes Season 1 HDDVD $6.46 on Amazon

Goddamn, I spent $50 on this a few years ago, before the format died. It's still a great set.

In fact, I didn't realize how many HD-DVDs are still on Amazon. I'm tempted to buy some more...

When does this series start getting bad, because I just watched the first season, but don't want the other seasons to ruin my impression of the series.

[quote name='Jhuntley']When does this series start getting bad, because I just watched the first season, but don't want the other seasons to ruin my impression of the series.[/QUOTE]

First season is by far the best. Second is a big step down but still enjoyable. I lost interest after that so take it as you will.

[quote name='Jhuntley']When does this series start getting bad, because I just watched the first season, but don't want the other seasons to ruin my impression of the series.[/QUOTE]

You should stop now. Season 1 was great but (most) everything after that is a total mess and when I look back on the show I do not have fond memories.

i watched it all the way through, it starts to drop in quality during s2 which got cut short due to the strike, s3 had potential but it failed as well. s4 started slow but it picked up towards the end but it ended pretty badly. i got this set after the format died for $10 i think great set. sometimes you can catch some nice sales on hddvds i bought like 60 i think at one point for less than a $100. that was a year ago or so now so the stock is starting to go away.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']First season is by far the best. Second is a big step down but still enjoyable. I lost interest after that so take it as you will.[/QUOTE]

Honestly, it's sad that the first is the best. It's not even that good.

It kills me that I own this set and can't resell it for any respectable amount of money. :\

From best to worst: 1, 3, 2, 4

1 is by far the best. 3 has some enjoyable parts and is split into two volumes which both get better as they go along. 2 and 4 are both shit.

Season 1 = Awesome
Season 2 = Less awesome but still not horrible
Season 3 = Rock bottom. Just a joke of a show.
Season 4 = Slightly better than 3 but worse than 2 and much worse than 1.

Seems like the writers had no idea what direction they wanted to go in.

[quote name='TraBuch']Season 1 = Awesome

Seems like the writers had no idea what direction they wanted to go in.[/QUOTE]

yeah they added to many characters and didn't really know what to do from there. it could've been great but they were kinda just going everywhere.

You can see a distinct drop in qulity after the writers strike. Shame, this show could have ben great. Instead we're left with 1 great season and 3 not so great to terrible ones.

Really, none of the seasons were that bad if you take the show at face value. It's essentially a comic book on TV...go in with that mentality, and you'll find it enjoyable. Plus, it became really cool to hate on Heroes on just about every internet forum, and if you didn't jump on that bandwagon, you were laughed at. So the primary reason Heroes sucks, is because it's cool to say that it does.

[quote name='captaintek3304']So the primary reason Heroes sucks, is because it's cool to say that it does.[/QUOTE]

No, it actually sucked (after Season 1). The dialogue was horrible, the plots were way too convoluted, the motivation of the characters was never defined (or if they were defined they were not believable - even in a comic setting) and the fact that Sylar lived after season 1 was the downfall of the show. He was simply too powerful and the writers had no idea what to do with him so they made him bad, then good, then confused, then bad - at the end I really can't even remember what happened to him.

It seemed like the entire show was written on an episode to episode basis with no real care as to what had happened previously. Entire characters were just dropped with no explanation and other characters we learned way too much about (Noah). Also, there were plenty of times where a character would not use a power that had been previously established for no reason other than it didn't fit into the 42 minute story they were telling that week.

The reason why people were over the top with hating on the show is because it had so much potential that was completely wasted. The writer's strike definitely didn't help but every season was billed as a "return to form" and it never even came close.

This is one of the biggest drops in quality from season to season in a tv show... it has to be. Season One is actually pretty damn enjoyable and is well worth this price. The rest... not so much. At all. Ever.

Totally True...

Yeah, to say people say the show sucks because it's cool to say it is is just utter nonsense.

Watch season 1, pretend the season finale is the series finale, and be done with it. It totally sucks after that point.

bread's done
Back