Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='dmaul1114']When do the Heroe's episodes get put on Netflix?

I thought it was the next day, but last nights still isn't up. Since 24 is on the same time I opt to watch it live and Heroes on Netflix through the 360.[/quote]

I was looking too, but went to Hulu since they had it.

Did some googling, looks like last weeks popped up on Netflix on Wednesday. I'll wait as I'd rather watch it in HD on my TV rather than on my laptop or desktop.

[quote name='i_bent_my_wookie']Parkman and her are married and have children in the future, there is now way that she got killed. I am guessing that the government will use her against the other heroes.

Every episode should have Sylar kill at least one or two government agents, not the stupid microwave boy.[/quote]

except in that future she was still an agent working with the fear guy, but he died, so it obviously a different future.

[quote name='Mr. Beef']

Daphne: "You kill Hiro in the future, so he can't possibly be dead!"

Haven't they changed the future enough times to not bank on saying that sort of thing?[/quote]

I was kinda hoping later in the ep Matt would've said "Daphne cant be dead, we're going to have a kid".

[quote name='fatherofcaitlyn']Volume 4 is doing much better than Volume 3.

Sylar with a sidekick is going to be awesome.[/QUOTE]

Elle was Sylar's side kick and look what happened to her.

Its pretty sad that they killed off Elle and they might be doing the same with Daphne.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally watched the last episode on Netflix. Another outstanding episode. Lots of action and the plot's picking up. Even the acting seems better the past couple episodes.

So far Vol. 4 is as good as Heroes has been since Season 1. Looks like firing the writers and brining in new people has paid off. Hope they keep it up.

[quote name='ananag112']Elle was Sylar's side kick and look what happened to her.

Its pretty sad that they killed off Elle and they might be doing the same with Daphne.[/quote]

hot chicks - 2

[quote name='dmaul1114']So far Vol. 4 is as good as Heroes has been since Season 1. Looks like firing the writers and brining in new people has paid off. Hope they keep it up.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't quite equate it with season 1 at this point, but I think this season is starting to be much more promising than 2 and volume 3.

Note that I said the best it "has been since Season 1" not that it was as good as season one. ;)

The other guy after me (who you didn't quote) did equate it with Season 1 though.

So much for my reading comprehension. In that case, yes I agree.

They're learned to pace the series much better and not throw out millions of plot lines and change a person's character every 30 seconds.

Anybody watch tonight? Solid episode. Coulda used a little more action and a little less claire. I never thought I'd say that, but I'm just tired of anything to do with claire or Noah.

Not sure what the whole Hiro subplot is going, like all his subplots have been so far...

Sylar saving the boy, well, that was unexpected. Good choice of music whenever he turned on the radio.

I agree with the Claire/Noah thing too. I thought it was just gonna be something small. Turned out to be a lot of the episode.

Next weeks' episode looks good, Noah has always been a good character.Looks like he'll finally have to answer for all of the things he's done.

I thought last night's episode was pretty good. No the best of the season, but it is still better than most of the stuff from Vol. 2 or 3. Next week should be awesome though.

[quote name='JolietJake']Looks like he'll finally have to answer for all of the things he's done.[/QUOTE]

They've teased this precise scenario for the whole damned show. He'll get away clean as a whistle, and, true to the show's form, we'll have more questions (and by that I mean confusion) than answers at the end. I'm simply recognizing how the show does things.

Bennett will show some semblance of mercy and/or plausibly sympathetic explanation for why he's doing what he's doing (to protect Claire), but before he reveals anything else (save for, say, the name of a new and unknown evil entity controlling his obligations), he'll be whisked away because he has a tracking device on his person. And Parkman and the posse will be recaptured.

Bennett *IS* the deus ex machina on this show.

I have to admit, I'm really fancying Sylar as a character now that they're making him more complex and showing that he's not "just a killer." Of course, the ironic aspect of that is that he better kill that little shit at some point, or I'm'a be pissed off. Speaking of plausibly sympathetic justifications, that's what we'll get when we finally meet Papa Sylar as well.

I wonder if Sylar's father will even have powers? All this build up to him finding him will suck if he's just a normal guy. You're probably right about Bennet though, Heroes seems to follow the Lost formula in that it answers little and creates more questions in the process.

I'm actually hoping we'll see something of worth with this big HRG episode. "Company Man" still ranks as one of my favorite episodes. I'm hoping we'll get a break in the pattern and set something in motion to give the character direction again.

S1 - The menacing shadow. He's the loving father. The stone killer. He starts out looking like the threat but then you see the motivation for all of his shadow work to save his daughter. Breaks from the company but still keeps his "whatever is necessary" drive.

S2 - The painting. He's going to die. Kills his old mentor in a mad dash to find the paintings. Again does the "protect Claire" bit, but it's still effective since they use the Elle/Claire mirror to show what could have happened if he wasn't the devoted protector. Then he makes a deal with the devil (the company) to protect everyone.

S3 - Wasted. Outside of his one episode of being the hunter in a powerless world, there was nothing. No new motivation, no development. Wasn't used well at all.

S4 - Hoping to see a big turn. Something to shake things up.

John Glover (Lionel Luthor from Smallville) will be playing Sylar's father. I think he will have powers and will probably play an important role later this season.

The last episode was decent. I didn't like the Hiro and Ando part of the episode though. Next episode should be pretty good.

Also, why did Tracy freeze that guy? That woman didn't believe Nathan that Tracy had powers and was ready to shut the program down. If Tracy didn't kill that guy, she would probably have been set free.

[quote name='mykevermin']Bennett *IS* the deus ex machina on this show.[/quote]

After how they 'broke' Peter's powers, I completely agree with you.

Will read up on the thread and add my input. One thought is I think that
Luke is Sylar's brother
. Not sure whats been posted, so I'll keep it spoilered until I read all 8+ pages.

Awesome episode last night.

psycho killer
fa fa fa
fa fa fa
fa fa fa better

This volume is on par with season 1 in my book - no complaints.

I liked how Sylar denied being a serial killer and then was like "Well ok, i'm technically a serial killer." Makes me wonder what he considers himself.

So....

Since Arthur Petrelli was taken out...That means anything future wise we saw during that volume is nixed from the "story line".

So I wonder if theyll kill off Daphne or if her character is just taking a break for the time being.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']great, claires going to fall in love with aquaman.[/quote]

Well, I guess its better than John Connor & Daddy Jr.

I have viewing parties with friends each week for Heroes. Eat, watch the show, talk about it, etc. We were all in agreement that we wanted to see some of the stuff that reminded us of season 1. Not these vast conspiracies, but good simple stories of ordinary people drawn together by fate. And some new characters would help that.

*Claire walks into comic shop and helps guy escape*
Claire: Do you have some kind of ability?
Me: And it better not suck.......
Guy: I can breathe underwater.
*throws hands up in the air*

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']oh its been posted already.[/quote]

Figured as much. Just seems too obvious that there's some type of connection, if not blood, between the 3 of them (Papa Gray too). Pretty convenient, but oh well.

This volume has really picked things back up for me. I've still continued to watch Heroes, but like many, it wasn't a need to watch that day. Now its back to that point with me.

I really want to see what happens when Ando tries to "boost" Peter. Would be pretty lame if Peter was only able to boost others. But that could be interesting if he got the boost ability. He'd be able to boost his other powers, if he could manage to hold onto more than one at a time and use multiples.

And whats up with Hiro/Ando going to India, only to be told to go back and save Parkman. Seems like a waste of a trip to me. But maybe its something they "needed" to do.

Also agree, after thinking about it for a bit, that it would make sense for the "Rebel" to be Micah. Only thing is, he's really been out of the loop for most of the episodes this year, so it very well could be someone else. Maybe the computer girl that contacted Ted in the Shed. Since I don't know what happened to her, don't read the online stuff, so that may have explained what happened.

[quote name='craven_fiend']I really want to see what happens when Ando tries to "boost" Peter. Would be pretty lame if Peter was only able to boost others. But that could be interesting if he got the boost ability. He'd be able to boost his other powers, if he could manage to hold onto more than one at a time and use multiples. [/quote]

You'd have to wonder if he could on his own, since touching someone else should change his power. Maybe if Ando boosted him while he was trying to borrow another power, it could work. And the writers could have not messed with him in the first place. Aaahhhh. :bomb:

Having caught up with season 4 and this thread I'm liking the new season so far.

Next weeks episode looks to be quite exciting as we will supposedly be finding out Noah's true motives.

Aqualad is uber-disappointing and makes me think of Wes the flying boy. If he wants to really avoid getting caught he needs to leave Claires closet and hide in the ocean in my opinion. Learn to eat raw fish and hopefully not get crushed by the pressure and he is good to go in my opinion.

Claire really needs to be imprisoned by the government in my opinion. Perhaps it would knock her down a couple notches. If not imprisonment then she needs to learn how to defend herself/others (not throwing herself out a window like last season) or start packing a firearm. I think she did ok protecting Matt from being shot in the premiere, but defines her character as a meat shield and nothing more.

I'm wondering if Peter will come into contact with Sylar, and take on his ability and thus gain the ability to take on more abilities.

Now that Hiro understands that he can be a hero without powers he needs to get a sword and actually do something. How did they get to India anyway? I guess they charged it on Ando's credit card or could they not put a hold on Hiro's finances since he is a Japanese national?

I never thought of that actually, Hiro and Ando are Japanese citizens, does the Japanese government not know/care what our own government is doing?

The irony of Ando, well the actor that plays him, is that he is actually Korean and not Japanese.

But on topic, I'd imagine Ando still has access to his finances. Or Hiro still has access to the finances of his company, that his father gave him, and he can pull resources through it. Since its probably not the brightest idea to shut down a company that size.

[quote name='gr8asianman']

Now that Hiro understands that he can be a hero without powers he needs to get a sword and actually do something. How did they get to India anyway? I guess they charged it on Ando's credit card or could they not put a hold on Hiro's finances since he is a Japanese national?[/QUOTE]

I thought about that almost immediately , they aren't U.S citizens so their accounts and what not should be just fine unless a deal was made. So far its been glossed over that both of them could just go back home and escape all of this.

[quote name='craven_fiend']

I really want to see what happens when Ando tries to "boost" Peter. Would be pretty lame if Peter was only able to boost others[/quote]

Ando can boost Peter. Then Peter can boost Ando. Then Ando can super boost Peter. Then Peter can .........

[quote name='Pookymeister']Ando can boost Peter. Then Peter can boost Ando. Then Ando can super boost Peter. Then Peter can .........[/quote]

Then they will chase each other around and go "Tag you're it, no you're it, not you're it silly.........."

I really think Ando may be the key to Peter regaining his true power. Time will tell.

I think they're back on track this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing HRG's story next week. I just hope it's not like one of those movie trailers that gets you in the theater, only to suck once you see it. And after how much I loved Heroes after season 1, I can't believe that thought even crosses my mind.

I thought the episode was sort of dumb. Why did they have to drug HRG? Parkman could force HRG to do whatever he wants him to do including revealing all the information he wants him to. Plus, how did Parkman not find out that HRG is double crossing Nathan with help from Angela Petrelli?

I still think Nathan's motive for capturing these people is pretty lame as well. They could have come up with a more interesting reason to capture them all.

It wasn't as good as i was expecting, glad to see i was wrong about Daphne being dead though. I wonder if some of those could have been false memories to throw off Parkman though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Terrible acting. Parkman is the new Mohinder. Daphne alive? Wow, I am so surprised. I did not expect that at all. No, seriously.

I did like how they revealed more about the Hunter dude. And the end with Angela and Bennett. Peter's moments were also cool.

bread's done
Back