Heroes Volume 4: Fugitives

[quote name='JolietJake']Shape shifter, this could be a good episode.[/QUOTE]

The transforming was a creepy and painful process -- I liked it. Makes sense that reshaping bone and muscle wouldn't be a pleasant process.

Yeah i was surprised by how painful and agonizing they made it. Most shows/movies act like the person is made of liquid, this seemed more like the rearranging of bone and tissue.

Two weeks of super good episodes in a row.

They need to have Sylar and Danko have less "fun" together in order to properly convey them as villains, though.

fair enough. but it doesn't make me yell "GET THAT SUM-BITCH!" like I did during series 1.

Sylar's no longer the same character he was before. I think it has a lot to do with this semi light-hearted portrayal.

[quote name='ChibiJosh']Did Claire get a hair cut or something? She was looking particularly hot in this episode for some reason.[/quote]
It's the bangs, bangs multiply hotness by untold levels.

yeah, she had a new hair do, she looks better, but still cant act. this was the first good episode in a week.

sylar/danko just makes me think who is going to back stab who first.

the petrelli family reunion sounds like it could be interesting. i think itd be good for all four of them to make them into a good, unified family, and i suppose were gonna get some secret into their origins next week.

thoughts on last week since i just caught up on it...

micah & jessica, blec.

hiro & ando, boring.

when i saw that baby parkman could control electronics like micah, i thought, "if this little brat is rebel im going to stop watching right now." so i guess ill keep watching for now, if they keep going with how they did this week maybe the can finish the season with a bang.

I am still enjoying the series, but they made Sylar way too powerful. It would be nice to have a variety of powerful villians rather than just one super powerful villian. Peter and Hiro both got neutered so there is even less balance. I guess they are heading to where things were in the future portayed in season one, but Sylar already has Claire's power, which was the one thing he was missing. I supposed he will kill Nathan and learn to fly.

[quote name='Stryffe2004']...but they made Sylar way too powerful...[/QUOTE]

While I otherwise enjoyed the episode, that is my one complaint. Did we really need to give Sylar another power? The Danko/Sylar partnership is of course welcome, but allowing Sylar to be a shape shifter just seems like way too easy of a cop-out. I would've much rather have seen Sylar remain behind the scenes while Danko takes the credit.

Ouch. Heroes hit another all-time low this week with 6.32M. I wonder if Vegas offers odds on whether TV shows will get renewed and, if so, what the odds are against Heroes. NBC is in 4th place which is one of only a couple of things that are in it's favor. As bad as the ratings are I wouldn't be totally surprised if it does get renewed. NBC doesn't have anything else going for it right now.

It seems to be at a point of no return. The show was so bad for so long that no amount of good hype will convince most former fans to give it another shot.

[quote name='BlueLobstah']While I otherwise enjoyed the episode, that is my one complaint. Did we really need to give Sylar another power? The Danko/Sylar partnership is of course welcome, but allowing Sylar to be a shape shifter just seems like way too easy of a cop-out. I would've much rather have seen Sylar remain behind the scenes while Danko takes the credit.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, as much as I liked the character they're ruining the show with Syler now. Not only is he telekinetic, regenerative, etc, but now he's able to assume just about anyone's form? What's next? Invisible? Precog? Bullshit.

Oh that was so messed up on Sylar's part, posing as Ms. Bennet.

edit- Damn, Noah has one screwed up marriage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else have an issue with the audio around 9:45, or is my sound system fucking up? I've got sound, but no voices -- that's including some of the commercials.

Actually, seems to be an issue with my HD feed -- everything's fine on my SD tv.

Audio worked fine for me.

Shame ratings are low, but I'm just a viewer, not a marketer. Either way, I think this show's hot as fuck right now, and am really looking forward to the next few episodes.

Despite how much I've enjoyed the second half of the third season, though, Bennett thinking he could trust Danko and get to Sylar the way he did was criminally stupid writing.

Heroes hit another all-time low, the third week in a row, with 6.05M. Not to be Debbie Downer
debbie-downer-lottery.jpg
but it just keeps looking worse and worse.

[quote name='JolietJake']People aren't tuning in because they expect crap.[/quote]

I agree. The show was so bad for so long that the producers seem to have dug a hole that's too deep to get out of. Shows like this need to have a definite ending in mind (as well as a time frame for it) before it even starts airing.

I haven't seen any of S3 yet. I missed too much and decided to just wait for the Blu-Ray set. Thankfully, all of Dexter should be out on Blu-Ray to keep me busy while waiting for this.

My wife and I just watched the past 5-6 episodes and I gotta say what a difference. Halfway through the last season we gave up on the show. It nice to see its getting back to form. I do agree there needs to be an end game.

What's up with the finale for this being 3 weeks away? Figured a week or two into May they would have it.

With that said, I've enjoyed the episodes over the last few weeks, hope it keeps up and leads to a nice finale.

[quote name='craven_fiend']What's up with the finale for this being 3 weeks away? Figured a week or two into May they would have it.

With that said, I've enjoyed the episodes over the last few weeks, hope it keeps up and leads to a nice finale.[/QUOTE]

To be honest, there have already been alot of episodes this season (V3 & V4). Producers don't like putting that much content into a boxset...;)

I loved how smart HRG was in realizing everything, seemed to work well with him too.

[quote name='Foo228']To be honest, there have already been alot of episodes this season (V3 & V4). Producers don't like putting that much content into a boxset...;)

I loved how smart HRG was in realizing everything, seemed to work well with him too.[/quote]

It just really seems early to end the season. It just seems shorter than it actually is, since they split it in half and then had all of these random 2 or 3 weeks off too.

Volume 3 had 13 episodes, Volume 4 has 12, for a total of 25 episodes for Season 3. Most network shows at most only get 22 episodes per season. It doesn't seem short at all, and I think Volume 4 especially, has flowed really well.

[quote name='MisterModest']Volume 3 had 13 episodes, Volume 4 has 12, for a total of 25 episodes for Season 3. Most network shows at most only get 22 episodes per season. It doesn't seem short at all, and I think Volume 4 especially, has flowed really well.[/quote]

Just from my point of view, it seemed shorter. Didn't realize that they had that many episodes. I just thought it was odd they were ending in April, as opposed to the 2nd or so week of May.

The only thing I hated about the last episode was how HRG pulled a gun on his wife. I mean, if he really thought it was sylar, what's the gun gonna do? He's smarter than that...

[quote name='JolietJake']If he shot sylar at the base of the skull, it would kill him til the bullet was removed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but he didn't. He gave "Sylar" plenty of time to react.

As much as I love this show...tonights episode sucked...it did nothing for the overall storyline....Im sure others may look into it and say theres some underlining crap to it but as for me and only me, it was total fluff filler.

Yeah, having Angela's sister blow in and out like the wind (ha-ha) was kinda retarded. Did nothing to really advance anything, just showed us some character history.

I know Angela's character needed to have some base with which the viewer could sympathize, but lawdy lawdy what a shitty way to do it. Actually, on the whole, it was all decently done, except for the whole "Alice lives" bullshit. Gah, so fuckin' bad.

Tho' I did like how the episode ended. At the start of the episode, seeing a haggard and wornout Nathan Petrelli led me to think "when are the american people going to discover that a US Senator is missing?"

Yeah, having Syler impersonating him was cool. Remind me of what happened at the end of X-Men with Mystqiue impersonating Senator Kelly.

99% of the time I hate episodes where you could remove it from the series and you would be missing nothing in the story. For the most part this fits it to a T.

I'll give them a little bit of credit for a well done flashback at least. But I didn't care for the present day material. It was useless.

Yeah, that really wasn't an episode that made me give a damn. It was nice to have a bit of back story for Angela and the Company, but the brief appearance of Alice, and then her sudden "I have to go back to my home planet" exit were completely unnecessary. The final scene was badass, though.

bread's done
Back