hey any cags stock brokers?

[quote name='bobthecat23']was wondering if there were any cags that were stock brokers?[/QUOTE]

They would not care to save a little money...it is a waste of time for them. They are in the business of making thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. No need for discounted games...they buy retail.

[quote name='unforeseen']They would not care to save a little money...it is a waste of time for them. They are in the business of making thousands if not hundreds of thousands of dollars per day. No need for discounted games...they buy retail.[/quote]

The richest people are often the stingiest. I know lots of people who can afford to pay retail but won't - who doesn't like saving money?

[quote name='javeryh']The richest people are often the stingiest. I know lots of people who can afford to pay retail but won't - who doesn't like saving money?[/QUOTE]

When you have to take the time and effort to search, read, and then drive (not always B&M) to get the discount, it is not worth it.
Some guy that makes up to $30 an hour, maybe. But these people (successful ones), make 3-4 times that much, and the time it takes to take advantage of a deal is not worth it.

Heck, most of us on CAG can afford to pay retail.
But if we were stock brokers, why would we waste time and money driving around (time+gas) for about a $20 discount (not typical), when we can make way more than that.

To each his own.

You don't get rich by wastefully spending money. Besides, what makes you think a CAG would drive all over the place just to save $20? They could stop at a store which is on the way home or order a game online during a sale. You also don't become rich by being a idiot (unless you win the lottery in which case you wouldn't keep it for long). Some people also enjoy hunting for bargains.

BTW $120/hour isn't that much money. There are some posters on this forum I suspect make more then that. Not gonna name any names...

My dream job is to be a stock broker....parents wanted me to be a doctor, but I hate science even though I always was successful in those classes...my friends are repeatedly asking me when I plan on taking the MCATS now and it's getting really annoying. Will be finishing up undergrad in 3 more semesters.

I don't have the personality to thrive in a wall street setting according to my friends, though. I'm "not enough of an asshole" and am going to get stepped on all over, apparently.

well i guess it depends if you want to be a broker or a trader. Being a trader you should be more of an asshole. Being a broker both personalities would get by. A broker is just a sales rep pitching stock to a list of names. Yes you have to manage there money, but all major brokerages have someone to research the stock and give you the info if it is a buy/sell/hold type of stock.

I'm an independent trader, stocks and futures right now but I'm getting ready to branch out into currencies since I've got most of trading systems completely automated.

[quote name='Koggit']Unforeseen, you know you're replying to a lawyer, right? At least I think Jav's a lawyer.

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_FA06000081.html

http://swz.salary.com/salarywizard/layouthtmls/swzl_compresult_national_LE11000001.html

By your theory, he shouldn't be here.[/QUOTE]

By my theory, I shouldn't be here either since I make more than the average broker.
There are exceptions to everything. Lawyers, doctors, pharmacists are probably on CAG but it is not even a significant number to worry about.
Hell, my cousin is a court reporter and she makes an average of $95K. Unless, you are a lead lawyer, or working for a corporation (I know someone will come out and say he/she is a certain type of lawyer that makes more $$ than xxx), you do not make the big bucks.

To cletus, $120 hour is not a lot of dough? Try $249600 per year...not including bonuses.

[quote name='unforeseen']By my theory, I shouldn't be here either since I make more than the average broker.
There are exceptions to everything. Lawyers, doctors, pharmacists are probably on CAG but it is not even a significant number to worry about.
Hell, my cousin is a court reporter and she makes an average of $95K. Unless, you are a lead lawyer, or working for a corporation (I know someone will come out and say he/she is a certain type of lawyer that makes more $$ than xxx), you do not make the big bucks.

To cletus, $120 hour is not a lot of dough? Try $249600 per year...not including bonuses.[/QUOTE]

What does any of that have to do with anything we were talking about? Or did you just want to type some words?

[quote name='Koggit']What does any of that have to do with anything we were talking about? Or did you just want to type some words?[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I ask myself the same thing. :)

I may be getting into the stock market soon. The company I work for is being bought out by another company. 5 of our shares is being converted into one of theirs, however at the current rate, our stock is only $4.54 while there stock is $34. Basically meaning that you're getting a $34 share for $22.70. I'm not quite sure, but I'd imagine once the merger is finalized, the stocks will skyrocket. If I bought 200 shares of the company i work for, and after the merger, the value goes up to $50 a share, I would have turned $908 into $2,000.

Though, a few weeks ago our stock dropped to $3.50 a share, which would equal even more profit, and then theres always that chance that the merger fails. So I'm a bit hesitant.

bread's done
Back