Hey. I have a question about the X360's USB feature before purchasing a X360.

EarthKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Hey everybody!! I just have a question about the X360's new USB feature before I purchase a X360 slim. I used to be X360 owner, and I gave it to my older brother before he moved to Nevada. I was wondering what is the new USB feature is about.

Will I be able to copy all the content that I've had (my game saves, dlc, ect)?

Do I have a option to copy ALL the content that is on his X360 all at once or do I have to copy them individually?

Will this external HDD work (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CBLN8O/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER) to copy all the data instead of a USB flash drive?

There are some XBLA games (that I purchased) are still playable on the original X360...Will those be playable on my X360 (since I will have my account on the new X360)? Are we able to play online with each other?

Thanx for taking the time to answer my questions and reading this post. Thanx in advance.

Are you buying a slim without a hard drive? If so you have 4gb internally, then you can plug in up to 2 16gb usb drives.

If you are going be connect to xbox live the easiest thing to do is to recover your gamertag on the new system. Then just download all your dlc and arcade games. If you want them to work offline you need to do a license transfer using...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/Support/LicenseMigration/Home

Your brother might lose the license when you transfer. Not sure how it works.

Do you really need your old save files?? It might just be easiest to forget about them. If you really want them you need to plug in a USB drive to your old 360 and manually transfer the data. I've read that external hard drives will work but it will only recognize 16gb of it.

You're going to have to copy them by game, and move the entire folder to a USB drive. As long as you still have you can access the Gamertag that you purchased the content with, or that you created the save with, then you can access all your data off the thumbdrive.

Very rarely (even moreso with recent games) saves will be locked to the harddrive. There are only a few titles where this applies.

Awesome guys...I'm getting a 250GB X360 so space is not a big deal for me. I'll just transfer my saves and leave the bought content on his xbox...I only bought a couple of arcade games so it's no big deal...I'll just repurchase it so we both could game together on xbox live...Is there a way to repurchase an item that I've already bought and get a different licence for it for my new xbox?

This sticky might have information you want.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111265

You will be able to just download any previous arcade game on your new console (using the original gamertag) and be able to play it it online. If you brother goes online will it then remove the license from his console? I don't think it does, your gamertag will have 1 license and his console will have another one.

I just read that .... "The split games are fully functional, even allowing multiplayer matches involving both half-owners." So it should work.

[quote name='wakawakawa']This sticky might have information you want.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111265

You will be able to just download any previous arcade game on your new console (using the original gamertag) and be able to play it it online. If you brother goes online will it then remove the license from his console? I don't think it does, your gamertag will have 1 license and his console will have another one.

I just read that .... "The split games are fully functional, even allowing multiplayer matches involving both half-owners." So it should work.[/QUOTE]

So, I can just redownload the game and we both can go on live as long as we both have my original GT is on both our xbox's? Will this change if I decide to recover my account through my new xbox or do I have to copy my ID to a flashdrive?

Last edited by a moderator:
You can't have the same gamertag on two consoles. He needs his own gamertag, but since the game was purchased on his console he'll be able to play the XBLA games and you will too as long as you are signed into Xbox Live. The game is licensed on his console, so anyone can play it on his console without need for being on Live. You can play it anywhere else as long as you are signed into Xbox Live.

You could do a license transfer and then anyone on your console could play the games whether or not you are signed into Xbox live, but then he wouldn't be able to play the games any more since it would no longer be licensed to that console.

What cruchewy said.

You can recover your Gamertag on your new console and "Redownload" the LIVE content you purchased. Your brother will still have access to the games you purchased on his Xbox because one of the licenses is tied to that Xbox. Unless you use the transfer license tool, or his Xbox breaks, any Gamertag will be able to use that content on that machine. On the flipside, you can only access that content with your Gamertag if you're connected to LIVE... but you can access it from any machine as long as you're signed in.

Oh if that's the case, it's awesome!! So, I can do the same with my previous account (I had a second one before I got hacked but I recovered my password)? It's not on my brothers console and there are DLC/XBLA games on that account.

Also a trick Shipwreck noted: on your console anyone can play the game as long as you are signed in, but you don't have to be the one playing the game at the time. I.e. have somebody else sign into their account as Player 1. Then you fire up a second control and sign in with your account. Now they can play the game in their account as long as you leave your account signed in as well.

bread's done
Back